Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » Compatibility issue between Epsilon and RoboTool
Compatibility issue between Epsilon and RoboTool [message #1843311] Fri, 23 July 2021 10:44 Go to next message
fang yan is currently offline fang yanFriend
Hi,

I encountered an issue when running EGX/EGL in an integrated environment of Epsilon and RoboTool.
I installed the latest RoboTool into Epsilon 2.2 to integrate the two tools

1. I first created an EMF project, and run EGL/EGX to generate a X.assertions file from plain XML and RoboChart models.
It works well.

2. Then I imported a RoboChart project, and within the project I rerun the same EGL/EGX for generating X.assertions. But it failed with the error in the first line of egl code:
Undefined variable, type or model: 't_reqGroups'
"reqGroups" here is a type in my XML source file.

3. Then I tried to run EGL/EGX in the EMF project of the first step, but to generate X.assertions into the directory of the RoboChart project.
And it worked.

So with these three situations, I suppose it has something to do with the compatibility between Epsilon and RoboTool?

What's the possible solution to issue, please?

I could go with the third option by direct the directory to RoboChart project.
But I'd also like a more direct way, and also curious about the reasons.

I attached the egl/egx code, and 2 source files(XML and EMF models)

Many thanks
Fang
Re: Compatibility issue between Epsilon and RoboTool [message #1843314 is a reply to message #1843311] Fri, 23 July 2021 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Fang,

Could you please share a minimal example [1] I can use to reproduce the issue you're encountering?

Best,
Dimitris

[1] https://www.eclipse.org/epsilon/doc/articles/minimal-examples/
Re: Compatibility issue between Epsilon and RoboTool [message #1843322 is a reply to message #1843314] Fri, 23 July 2021 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fang yan is currently offline fang yanFriend
Hi Dimitris,

Here is the link of minimal example
https://www.eclipse.org/epsilon/live/?fe9933ff

It's first time I use this minimal example function, not quite sure how it works.
I only copied the content of EGL, and XML, but I don't know how to input to Epsilon Playground the EGX code.

So I also attached the emf project and the Robochart project.
the launch file is not generated in the project, because while I was preparing minimal example, the egl/egx files which could run successfully has failed with same error:
Undefined variable, type or model: 't_reqGroups'

I feel it's not about the compatibility, because I made several copies of EMF project and RoboChart project, and run the configuration, sometimes it succeeds, sometimes failed with the same egl/egx /XML files.
I am not sure you could reproduce the issue.
I also tried project-clean each time before run configuration, didn't work.

Many thanks
Fang
Re: Compatibility issue between Epsilon and RoboTool [message #1843346 is a reply to message #1843322] Sat, 24 July 2021 07:48 Go to previous message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Fang,

I'm afraid this doesn't qualify as a minimal example. Since the error you're asking about has to do with a type prefixed by t_, a minimal example should include an EGL file and an XML document only, each with a few lines of code only, that are absolutely necessary for us to reproduce the problem. The Epsilon playground won't be of much use here I'm afraid as it only supports EMF models and not schema-less XML documents at the moment.

Best,
Dimitris
Previous Topic:Classloading in Workflow Ant Tasks
Next Topic:Adapting IModel to reveal EMF
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:01:12 GMT 2024