Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Papyrus for Real Time » Required feature "upperBound" and "lowerBound" must be set
Required feature "upperBound" and "lowerBound" must be set [message #1841669] Tue, 25 May 2021 12:30 Go to next message
Tomas Wall is currently offline Tomas WallFriend
Hi,
I am using the umlrt grammar, to create a textual model to the PingPong example. I start writing the following:
model PingPong {
	capsule Pinger {
		conjugate external port pingPort : PingPongProtocol;

But I get this error. Where should I specify this feature?
Multiple markers at this line
- The required feature 'upperBound' of 'org.eclipse.papyrusrt.xtumlrt.umlrt.impl.RTPortImpl@9cc5efc{platform:/resource/PingPong/test.umlrt#//@entities.0/@ports.0}'
   must be set
- The required feature 'lowerBound' of 'org.eclipse.papyrusrt.xtumlrt.umlrt.impl.RTPortImpl@9cc5efc{platform:/resource/PingPong/test.umlrt#//@entities.0/@ports.0}'
   must be set

Thank you!
Re: Required feature "upperBound" and "lowerBound" must be set [message #1841690 is a reply to message #1841669] Tue, 25 May 2021 18:52 Go to previous message
Ernesto Posse is currently offline Ernesto PosseFriend
Tomas Wall wrote on Tue, 25 May 2021 08:30
Hi,
I am using the umlrt grammar, to create a textual model to the PingPong example. I start writing the following:
model PingPong {
	capsule Pinger {
		conjugate external port pingPort : PingPongProtocol;

But I get this error. Where should I specify this feature?
Multiple markers at this line
- The required feature 'upperBound' of 'org.eclipse.papyrusrt.xtumlrt.umlrt.impl.RTPortImpl@9cc5efc{platform:/resource/PingPong/test.umlrt#//@entities.0/@ports.0}'
   must be set
- The required feature 'lowerBound' of 'org.eclipse.papyrusrt.xtumlrt.umlrt.impl.RTPortImpl@9cc5efc{platform:/resource/PingPong/test.umlrt#//@entities.0/@ports.0}'
   must be set

Thank you!

I did a bit of experimentation, and it looks like it is indeed broken. It used to work pre-release, but several things about the intermediate representation changed before the release, and since the textual syntax was not an official feature, we left it for post-release work. But this was a long time ago (1.0 was released in mid-2017) and I don't remember the details. From the error messages, it looks like the constraints on the EMF meta-model (called XtUMLRT) are incorrect and should be updated.

Unfortunately, the project is no longer funded and I don't have time to spend fixing this, but as it is an open-source project, you are welcome to try to fix it yourself. The source code is at https://git.eclipse.org/c/papyrus-rt/org.eclipse.papyrus-rt.git/. The "plugins/xtumlrt" folder is the one that contains all the Xtext related stuff: the grammar, the tooling, the metamodel, the transformations, etc.

Previous Topic:UML RT metamodel
Next Topic:Xtext in Papyrus RT RCP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 10:10:35 GMT 2024