Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BPMN 2.0 Modeler » How to pick an Icon in a CustomTask(Questions about how to specify custom Elements as an Extension of the BPMN2 Modeler)
How to pick an Icon in a CustomTask [message #1841091] Mon, 03 May 2021 16:26 Go to next message
Sebastian Rochert is currently offline Sebastian RochertFriend
Hello,

I want to extend the BPMN2 Modeler with uBPMN.

I started with the BPMN2-Modeler/DeveloperTutorials (Extending the BPMN2 Runtime, Extending the Model, Creating a Custom Task, Creating a Custom Shape) but in the last tutorial Creating a Custom Shape the Code Examples arent complete. So I looked it up in the GitHub repository https://github.com/rsoika/bpmn2-tutorial. But even with this code I couldn't manage to select a custom Icon for my Custom Tasks.

In the Extension Element Details tab is an icon field but selecting a .png isn't possible. If I try so it just appears a red box at the position where the Icon should be.

index.php/fa/40456/0/

Therefore what do I have to do to select icons in this field, or is there an easier way to select icons for custom tasks?

Iam running the latest Eclipse and BPMN2 Modeler Version.

Thanks in advance.
Re: How to pick an Icon in a CustomTask [message #1841100 is a reply to message #1841091] Mon, 03 May 2021 21:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralph Soika is currently offline Ralph SoikaFriend
If you want to define an 'Extension Element Icon', than you have to define the sub directories /icons/huge/ , /icons/large/ , and /icons/small/ and you need to place the icon in all 3 folders
The 'icon' property just takes the name of the icon file not the path.

index.php/fa/40458/0/

This is important, because the icon is used for different situations. For example the icon is also shown in the tool palette. For that reason the BPMNPlugin need 3 versions of the icon.

index.php/fa/40459/0/

[Updated on: Mon, 03 May 2021 21:19]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to pick an Icon in a CustomTask [message #1841961 is a reply to message #1841100] Fri, 04 June 2021 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sebastian Rochert is currently offline Sebastian RochertFriend
Thank you for the Help last time, it worked perfecly.

But now I have encountered a different problem, that i couldn't fix myself. After saving a BPMN Model with my Custom Elements and restarting Eclipse, the icons are no longer displayed in the Model.

Do anyone knows this Problem and can offer a solution?

Thanks in advance!
Re: How to pick an Icon in a CustomTask [message #1843617 is a reply to message #1841961] Tue, 10 August 2021 21:42 Go to previous message
Ralph Soika is currently offline Ralph SoikaFriend
Sorry for the late reply. Did you yet solved it?
Often this happened because of a wrong packaging in your eclipse plugin during development (with changing image names). Also try to cleanup your test workspace when you start the plugin from your Eclipse IDE for testing.
Previous Topic:Code snippet for export diagram feature
Next Topic:Migrating Eclipse BPMN2 Modeler to web
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:25:03 GMT 2024