Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Types in the Description Language in Architecture model(Setting the Types in the Description Language in Architecture model)
Types in the Description Language in Architecture model [message #1840121] Wed, 07 April 2021 06:23 Go to next message
Patrik Nandorf is currently offline Patrik NandorfFriend
How do I set the element types in the Description Language element in an architecture model (without hacking the file)?

I can set the meta model and profile since they are found in the registry but when trying to set the element types nothing is found even though the elements are registered. I can create element using the new child menu.

Regards
Patrik
Re: Types in the Description Language in Architecture model [message #1840146 is a reply to message #1840121] Wed, 07 April 2021 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Damus is currently offline Christian DamusFriend

Hi, Patrik,

I think you need to first load the *.elementtypesconfigurations resource that you need into the editor using the "Load Resource..." action in the context menu or in the editor menu from the menu bar. Then you'll be able to pick its root ElementTypeSetConfiguration in the ArchitectureDescriptionLanguage's properties.

HTH,
Christian
Re: Types in the Description Language in Architecture model [message #1840155 is a reply to message #1840146] Wed, 07 April 2021 16:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrik Nandorf is currently offline Patrik NandorfFriend
Hi Christian,

Yes but if I do a Load Resource the only options are to load it from the workspace or the file system which will result in a file path e.g.
file:/c:/...
which wont work in the runtime workbench. As i wrote, i can hack the file and change it to
platform:/plugin...
but my question wat if I can somehow load the registered element types into the architecture model and the the right path from the start.

Shouldn't the registered element types show up in the drop down list as it does for the profile and metamodels.?

Maybe I'm missing something.

/Patrik
Re: Types in the Description Language in Architecture model [message #1840157 is a reply to message #1840155] Wed, 07 April 2021 17:24 Go to previous message
Christian Damus is currently offline Christian DamusFriend

Ah, I see. I must have read too fast.

This would be a good enhancement request to raise in the Papyrus bugzilla. I agree that it should work for Element Types Configurations models as it does for loading registered Ecore packages.

In the mean-time, you will need to load the source projects for these Element Types Configurations models (or binary plug-in projects from the target platform) into your workspace and load them into the editor from there. The good news is that recent changes merged into the master branch should make this work fairly well, as the Architecture Model Editor now uses the platform scheme aware URI converter.

Christian

Previous Topic:Advanced view comes back even though I disabled it
Next Topic:Delete of element in Profile does not remove it from XMI
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 05:35:58 GMT 2024