Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » E4 Perspective Stack and Fragment Contribution(Looking for examples; cannot get this to work)
E4 Perspective Stack and Fragment Contribution [message #1839860] Tue, 30 March 2021 13:16 Go to next message
Trae Bailey is currently offline Trae BaileyFriend
I'm having difficulty setting up an application model with a perspective stack and having plugins contribute perspectives. I haven't been able to find any good examples in the Eclipse source code or searching the web.

From what I can tell, the model editor gets confused when I try to contribute to perspective stack children. After I select it, the model editor expects me to add children for the application (i.e. Window), rather than perspectives.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Trae
Re: E4 Perspective Stack and Fragment Contribution [message #1839864 is a reply to message #1839860] Tue, 30 March 2021 14:30 Go to previous message
Trae Bailey is currently offline Trae BaileyFriend
So, I figured out that I can contribute a perspective to the stack if I specify the stack ID directly (e.g. example.e4.app.perspectivestack.0) as the extended element vs. a general xpath expression for the application.

But, I'm not sure this is what I need. I have a large 3.x app with 137 plugins that contribute 20+ perspectives and I am trying to migrate to pure E4.

I want to make all the perspectives available, but open them based on user action or preferences.

Again, I'm not finding a lot of helpful material, not looking in the right place, or not comprehending something (most likely).
Previous Topic:Multiple instances of a given Part
Next Topic:Browser(SWT.CHROMIUM) in the partsashcontainer flashing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:00:13 GMT 2024