Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Scout Content Assist does not work anymore with 2021.03
Scout Content Assist does not work anymore with 2021.03 [message #1839815] Mon, 29 March 2021 12:15 Go to next message
Faruk Caglar is currently offline Faruk CaglarFriend
Hi,

I just updated to scout version 2021.03. Unfortunately the scout content assist does not work anymore. The message I get is "The 'Eclipse Scout Templates' proposal computer from the 'org.eclipse.scout.sdk.s2e.ui' plug-in did not compete normally. The extension has thrown a runtime exception."

Does anybody know how to fix this?

Thanks and best regards
Faruk

[Updated on: Mon, 29 March 2021 12:16]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Scout Content Assist does not work anymore with 2021.03 [message #1839826 is a reply to message #1839815] Mon, 29 March 2021 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Luka Cavic is currently offline Luka CavicFriend
Restart eclipse.

When I create new form, content assist does not work for me to. I have to restart eclipse to fix it.
Re: Scout Content Assist does not work anymore with 2021.03 [message #1839829 is a reply to message #1839826] Mon, 29 March 2021 16:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I restarted and I re-installed. Nothing worked.
Re: Scout Content Assist does not work anymore with 2021.03 [message #1839855 is a reply to message #1839815] Tue, 30 March 2021 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Villiger is currently offline Matthias VilligerFriend
Hi Faruk and Luka

Thank you very much for your feedback!
We analyzed the issue and were able to reproduce it.
As far as we can see, this issue only applies to newly created files.
In our tests closing all editor tabs and then re-opening them solved the issue. So there is no need to reinstall or restart Eclipse. Can you confirm this?

The cause is a change in the Eclipse platform the Scout Tooling depends on.
In the past there was no difference in Eclipse between opening an existing Java file and a file which has just been created. This is no longer valid. Eclipse now sometimes decides to not include binding resolution when opening the file (maybe a performance optimization?). Unfortunately the Scout Tooling relies on binding resolution.
This has now been fixed as when a missing binding resolution is detected, a new instance including the resolution is requested.

Unfortunately we could not find this issue in ours tests because testing the wizards and the code completion are separated. We now included a test case which covers the usecase to invoke the code completion on a newly created file directly.

In case the the workaround above (closing all editors and re-open the file) does not work for you, please provide more details on the error. You can find the log file in your workspace directory under: .metadata/.log

We apologize for this issue. A fix will be part of the next build.

Kind regards
Mat
Re: Scout Content Assist does not work anymore with 2021.03 [message #1839857 is a reply to message #1839855] Tue, 30 March 2021 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Mat,

thanks.

Unfortunately I still have the issue.

I created a new workspave and imported a project. For example trying to add a column to an existing TablePage (newly opened) using ctrl-space lead still to the popup saying:

Problems During Content Assist
The 'Eclipse Scout Templates' proposal computer from the 'org.eclipse.scout.sdk.s2e.ui' plug-in did not compete normally. The extension has thrown a runtime exception.
To avoid this message, disable the 'org.eclipse.scout.sdk.s2e.ui' ..."

Furthermore I tried to create a new form using the wizard. Selecting Scout Form and pressing Next lead to no reaction.

Please find the log file attached.

Best regards
Faruk

• Attachment: .log
    (Size: 16.04KB, Downloaded 56 times)
Re: Scout Content Assist does not work anymore with 2021.03 [message #1840123 is a reply to message #1839857] Wed, 07 April 2021 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Villiger is currently offline Matthias VilligerFriend
Hi Faruk

Thank you for the log. In it you find the reason:

No known API supports version ApiVersion 9.0.0

In the past each Scout SDK release supported one Scout runtime version:
E.g. Scout runtime version 9 (the one you are using in your application) is supported by SDK version 9 which is part of the Eclipse releases 2019-03 (4.11) until 2019-12 (4.14).

Starting with SDK version 11 (which is the one you currently have in your Eclipse installation) we started to support several runtime version with one SDK. SDK 11 for example supports Scout runtime 10 and 11. But unfortunately not version 9. And this is why it is not working for you: Your SDK version does not support the Scout version of your application.

So you have three options:

1. You upgrade your Application to use at least Scout 10 (or better: Scout 11). Then your current SDK (Eclipse) is compatible.
  2. You keep your application untouched (using Scout 9 runtime) and downgrade your Eclipse version to one of the official packages which support Scout 9. As mentioned above these are the versions from 2019.
  3. Last option: If you want to stay at Scout 9 for you application but use the features from the latest Eclipse platform, you can also use a different Eclipse package (e.g. the Java package which has no Scout included) and manually install the Scout 9 SDK (it must be version 9 from 2019 to be compatible with your runtime) into it. This gives you a modern Eclipse with the SDK from 2019 which supports your application with the Scout runtime from 2019. Please note that this option is not officially supported as we do not test such older releases with the latest Eclipse platforms. But I am optimistic that it could work.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards
Mat
Re: Scout Content Assist does not work anymore with 2021.03 [message #1840127 is a reply to message #1840123] Wed, 07 April 2021 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Mat
Re: Scout Content Assist does not work anymore with 2021.03 [message #1841708 is a reply to message #1839855] Wed, 26 May 2021 10:22 Go to previous message
Shi Bohui is currently offline Shi BohuiFriend
Hi Matthias

Thanks for your suggestion!
I solved the issue by closing all editor tabs and then reopening them.
This issue has been bothering me for a long time.
Thank you!
Previous Topic:Scout Calendar does not display correctly on smartphone.
Next Topic:please help me figure out this error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:05:41 GMT 2024