Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Show Inherited Associations in a diagram
Show Inherited Associations in a diagram [message #1839241] Thu, 18 March 2021 06:38 Go to next message
Patrik Nandorf is currently offline Patrik NandorfFriend
Hi,

I'd like to be able to show inherited associations.

Looking at the attached image, I'd like to show the inherited property in class C as an inherited association, marked similar to the inherited property.

Is it possible?

/Patrik
Re: Show Inherited Associations in a diagram [message #1839266 is a reply to message #1839241] Thu, 18 March 2021 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pauline Deville is currently offline Pauline DevilleFriend
Hello,

This is not possible since the association can not be inherited, only the property can.

Best regards,
Pauline
Re: Show Inherited Associations in a diagram [message #1839271 is a reply to message #1839266] Thu, 18 March 2021 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

Are you sure that it is just 'inherited' that you want to see? UML has no first class support for the polymorphism that we are familiar with as virtual in C++ or Java. Rather it has some redefinition scaffolding that allows you to emulate standard and very dubious inheritance idioms.

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: Show Inherited Associations in a diagram [message #1839272 is a reply to message #1839241] Thu, 18 March 2021 14:36 Go to previous message
Patrik Nandorf is currently offline Patrik NandorfFriend
What I want to achieve is a way to (in another diagram) show that Class C has a property b of type Class B in the form of an association(aggregation).

See the attached image.

The reason for this is that I might create a base class with a number of aggregated classes displayed in a diagram.

When I specialize this bas class and add more associated classed I want the classes from the base class to be show as well.

/Patrik
Previous Topic:Export diagram
Next Topic:IDM integration with Eclipse Papyrus
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 00:59:07 GMT 2024