Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Advanced view comes back even though I disabled it(The model “advanced view” toggles on again after almost any graphical action!)
Advanced view comes back even though I disabled it [message #1839048] Thu, 11 March 2021 19:52 Go to next message
Olivier Cailloux is currently offline Olivier CaillouxFriend
In an automatically installed version of Papyrus 5.0.0, the model "advanced view" reactivates automatically after about any graphical action (such as dropping a class in a diagram). You need to click on the button again and again to keep it disabled. It makes Papyrus almost unusable for anything non trivial! Is this a known problem?

Download eclipse-jee-2020-12-R-linux-gtk-x86_64.tar.gz, install org.eclipse.papyrus.sdk.feature.feature.group through the command line, create a model, untoggle advanced view, create a class in the model, create a diagram, drop the class in the diagram. The model view appears in advanced view again, although the button is still in "untoggled" position (you need to click it twice to untoggle advanced view again).

This does not happen with the Papyrus distribution, or at least, is much more seldom. I do not know what this changes compared to command line installation. Any hint would be appreciated as to why this behavior is observed when using command line install and how to avoid this when installing using command line.

(Installing Papyrus through command line is done using "/usr/local/share/eclipse-jee-2020-12-R-linux-gtk-x86_64/eclipse" -nosplash -application "org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director" -repository "https://download.eclipse.org/releases/2020-12" -installIU "org.eclipse.papyrus.sdk.feature.feature.group".)
Re: Advanced view comes back even though I disabled it [message #1839267 is a reply to message #1839048] Thu, 18 March 2021 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pauline Deville is currently offline Pauline DevilleFriend
Hello,

We are sorry but we really don't know why it is not working by command line. We have not problem during our developement.

Best regards,
Pauline
Re: Advanced view comes back even though I disabled it [message #1839496 is a reply to message #1839267] Mon, 22 March 2021 19:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just tried Papyrus 5.1.0, installed manually, with Eclipse java 2021-03. Same problem.

Download eclipse-java-2021-03-R-linux-gtk-x86_64.tar.gz, install Papyrus for UML from within Eclipse (Help / Install new software...). Create a model, toggle and untoggle advanced view, create a class in the model, create a diagram, drop the class in the diagram. Move the class representation in the diagram. The model view appears in advanced view again, although the button is still in "untoggled" position (you need to click it twice to untoggle advanced view again).

I am not sure, but it seems to me that enabling at some point the "advanced view" (with the toggle button) is required for triggering the bug. If I never touch it (since installing Papyrus), the bug does not seem to appear. If I click it, then even restarting eclipse does not seem to help.

Can you reproduce this bug?

[Updated on: Mon, 22 March 2021 19:17]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Advanced view comes back even though I disabled it [message #1839936 is a reply to message #1839496] Thu, 01 April 2021 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vincent Lorenzo is currently offline Vincent LorenzoFriend
Hi Olivier,
yes, we can reproduce this bug. I fill the bug https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=572526

/Vincent
Re: Advanced view comes back even though I disabled it [message #1839937 is a reply to message #1839936] Thu, 01 April 2021 13:09 Go to previous message
Great! Thanks.
Previous Topic:Installing and using Model2Doc
Next Topic:Types in the Description Language in Architecture model
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 19:26:02 GMT 2024