Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » [Model2Doc] How to avoid space between a diagram and its legend?
[Model2Doc] How to avoid space between a diagram and its legend? [message #1838156] Wed, 17 February 2021 16:58 Go to next message
Yoann Farré is currently offline Yoann FarréFriend
Hello,

New question about Model2Doc. On the document I generate, I often have a space (half a page sometimes) between the diagram generated as an image and its legend (title). How can I avoid that behavior?

Additional question / remark: The style to define (with word generator) to give a style to the legend is "Lgende", I think it should be "Legend". The other styles to use are "Titre1", "Titre2", ... which are not the default title styles. An option could be to let the user custom this? Is it already possible?

Thanks to the Papyrus team for your great work.
Regards.
Yoann.
Re: [Model2Doc] How to avoid space between a diagram and its legend? [message #1838199 is a reply to message #1838156] Thu, 18 February 2021 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pauline Deville is currently offline Pauline DevilleFriend
Hello,

Are you using the docx generation or the odt generation? What type of image format are you using (PNG or SVG)? I never seen this behavior, I will test it again.

Concerning the style names, we have a problem with them because Microsoft Word internationnalize style names. So for now ony French style names are supported (a bug has been open for this problem: [1]), furthermore it seems that there is a typo in the Microsoft Word translation that why it is Lgende and not Legende.

Pauline

1: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=568598

[Updated on: Thu, 18 February 2021 14:13]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [Model2Doc] How to avoid space between a diagram and its legend? [message #1838203 is a reply to message #1838199] Thu, 18 February 2021 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Pauline,

Thanks for answering.
What I can say :
- I don't observe this behavior when I generate ODT files (with SVG diagrams).
- I observe it when I generate Docx files (with PNG diagrams) only for sequence diagrams. Furthermore, the export of the diagram as PNG is not limited to the interaction element for this kind of diagram: some space is added after. It stays enough space to put the legend but it is not used and the legend is put on the following page.
- Docx generation doesn't support SVG and crash the process so I cannot use it.

Thanks for the explanation about style names.

Regards.
Yoann.
Re: [Model2Doc] How to avoid space between a diagram and its legend? [message #1838212 is a reply to message #1838203] Thu, 18 February 2021 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pauline Deville is currently offline Pauline DevilleFriend
Hello Yoann,

Indeed I can reproduce the problem, apparently it is specified to sequence diagram. However I have it also with the odt generation. (I just open a bug for this [1]). I am sorry but, for the moment I don't have any workaround to give you.

We should display a better error when we select SVG image format with Docx generation. In fact it is not possible to insert svg files in docx document even with Microsoft Word.

Regards,
Pauline

1: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=571302

[Updated on: Thu, 18 February 2021 15:57]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [Model2Doc] How to avoid space between a diagram and its legend? [message #1838213 is a reply to message #1838212] Thu, 18 February 2021 16:11 Go to previous message
Thank you for opening the bug.

I agree for a better error. To find that it was not possible to use SVG image for docx, I had to check the code to see which assertion failed during the process of generation ;)
I have another issue with list but I should open another thread.

By the way, thanks for your help.
Yoann.
Previous Topic:[Model2Doc] How to make reference to an external style sheet?
Next Topic:Maven error in eclipse Version: 2019-03 (4.11.0)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 18:56:48 GMT 2024