Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » EOL-native model instance creation(EOL model creation M2)
EOL-native model instance creation [message #1838096] Tue, 16 February 2021 01:37 Go to next message
Jörn Guy Süß is currently offline Jörn Guy SüßFriend

Hello!
For our workflow we will be using a tracking model, i.e. we will store the process state in a model instance itself. We would like to write this succinctly, so we are looking for a way to express the creation operation in EOL itself.

So far, we have only found a way to use the Model Loading Task to load an empty template model.

So we are wondering if this is the only way to create a model, or if there is a built-in facility in EOL that allows the registration of new models with the repository.

It is obvious from EMG that this can be done, and we can probably write a Epsilon tool without much effort, but before we go there, I just wanted to check we had not missed the idiomatic way.
Best,
JG
Re: EOL-native model instance creation [message #1838106 is a reply to message #1838096] Tue, 16 February 2021 08:17 Go to previous message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Joern,

I can't think of a better way to achieve this than the ones you've already suggested.

Thanks,
Dimitris
Previous Topic:Control-flow Feedback to Ant from Epsilon
Next Topic:[ETL]Creating xmi file from ETL transformation output file(.model)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:29:26 GMT 2024