Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Are There Any Relevant JavaFX Deployment Tutorials For 2021?(I just recently came from VB.NET (don't laugh, it worked!) and made the switch to Java because it was giving off the impression that building cross-platform GUI applications wouldn't require such a ma)
Are There Any Relevant JavaFX Deployment Tutorials For 2021? [message #1838055] Mon, 15 February 2021 02:41
Aaron Esteban is currently offline Aaron EstebanFriend
I'm am so close to just throwing in the towel and switching to another language for creating cross-platform GUI desktop applications.

I just recently came from VB.NET (don't laugh, it worked!) and made the switch to Java because it was giving off the impression that building cross-platform GUI applications wouldn't require such a major learning curve or was to be a much easier process than many have made it seem.

I was so close to settling on with JavaFX after about 1 month of becoming content with and excited about the Java language, I finally tried to package up a very simple 1-button 'Hello, world!' application a few days ago, only to realize that it wasn't an 'easy process' after al.....In fact, it has been nothing but PROBLEMS!

I've been going on for days trying to find a simple solution, only to find out that most of these tutorials that I've been following were outdated and even deprecated.

Then I found in many online forums, folks are claiming that "JavaFX is DEAD"???

Anyhow, I apologize about this long, drawn-out, and even downright monotonous story that I've conjured for you. I'm just trying to see if anyone has a simple step-by-step solution that I can do in either Eclipse or IntelliJ Idea.....HELL, even the command line would be fine with me! I'm very eager to learn this.

If I can't find a solution soon, I'll have to switch to Electron or possibly Python with PyQT5. Please let me know before I just hang up the ol gloves. Thanks in advance if you can offer any support!

UPDATED:
I apologize, but I've already tried the default exporting in both Eclipse & IntelliJ Idea, and touched a little on Maven, but Maven requires a learning curve. If anyone has a good little example I can follow, I would appreciate it.
Previous Topic:Launching Java app
Next Topic:Eclipse Export JavaFX Project to Runnable Jar File - Nothing is Showing up?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 20 08:42:33 GMT 2021