Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Mosquitto » Open broker to specific IP(Publish to broker running on win10 using a microcontroller with static IP.)
Open broker to specific IP [message #1837950] Thu, 11 February 2021 09:45 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hello everybody,

i hope you are able to help me.

I installed a mosquitto broker on my win10 machine and was able to publish to a topic with a microcontroller within the local network. In respect to the final purpose of the project i have to use a static IP wich is from another network (local is like "192" and the other is like "172"). I defined a rule to windows firewall wich tells that port 1883 is open in private an public network (at times a tried to connect with a completly shut down firewall but there was no difference) and modified the default "mosquitto.conf" with the following lines:
listener 1883
allow_anonymous true

Is there somebody who can tell me how i could go on?

Best Regards

DerPreuße
Re: Open broker to specific IP [message #1838009 is a reply to message #1837950] Fri, 12 February 2021 19:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Roger Light is currently offline Roger LightFriend
That really should be all that is necessary, I suspect it's something related to the networking of your system instead. Sorry, there's not much else I can suggest.

Regards,

Roger
Re: Open broker to specific IP [message #1838040 is a reply to message #1838009] Sun, 14 February 2021 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hello Roger,

i´ve found something in "mosquitto.conf" that could matter in respect to this problem.

# Defaults to false, unless there are no listeners defined in the configuration
# file, in which case it is set to true, but connections are only allowed from
# the local machine.
allow_anonymous false

So i try to connect in future with 'allow_anonymous' set to false. Couldn´t test it yet but when i do, i´ll report the result of it.

Best Regards

DerPreuße
Re: Open broker to specific IP [message #1838116 is a reply to message #1838040] Tue, 16 February 2021 13:51 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hello everybody,

it is a network problem. Even with open port (my) network will block accessing devices, if they are from "other side".

So i think one has to configure network setting direct at the router or somewhere like that.

Best Regards

DerPreuße
Previous Topic:MQTT IPv4
Next Topic:Websocket concurrent connection limit
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:52:29 GMT 2024