Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Mosquitto » Bridge multiple Mosquitto brokers to Kafka Cluster
Bridge multiple Mosquitto brokers to Kafka Cluster [message #1837909] Wed, 10 February 2021 09:34
And Vre is currently offline And VreFriend
Hey!
I'm working on a scalable IoT system. I have setup a Kafka Cluster as well as 3 Mosquitto brokers with load balancer. I know Mosquittos arent the best option in this case as they do not support clustering, but I went with them either way. Right now Im trying to figure the best way of bridging brokers to my Kafka cluster.

The simplest way would be to create a simple python script that connects to every Mosquitto broker and then sends a message to kafka every time it recieves a message. But a single simple python script would probably bottleneck the whole system if Im sending 10s of thousands of messages per 5s, right? Would this mean I have a single point of failure in my system?

What would be the simplest way to implement a bridge that wouldnt bottleneck the system or present a potential single point of failure?

Thanks!
Previous Topic:fail2ban on mqtts
Next Topic:MQTT IPv4
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 09:39:40 GMT 2024