Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » Create Forte Boot-files in 4Diac IDE v. 1.13.1(Create Forte Boot-files in 4Diac IDE v. 1.13.1)
Create Forte Boot-files in 4Diac IDE v. 1.13.1 [message #1837878] Tue, 09 February 2021 13:04 Go to next message
Christoph Schultz is currently offline Christoph SchultzFriend
Hello,
I am new to 4Diac and currently trying out the tutorials.
During my first steps i noticed, that the tutorial version and the latest version are very different. Resulting e.g. in the long quest to find the deployment section.
After i found this forum, i could continue my journey.
I want to create a boot file for a raspberry pi.
To do so i tried clicking the device in the system explorer the same way i would do to deploy the configuration.
When i choose the Wizard it doesn't show me any options, just where to put the boot-file.
I searched on Google and in the Forum, but i could not find a matching description for the most recent version of 4DIAC IDE.
All manuals are for the old version. There i can see, that in the new window something selectable should be shown.
I added a picture of the Window

Best Regards.
Re: Create Forte Boot-files in 4Diac IDE v. 1.13.1 [message #1837894 is a reply to message #1837878] Tue, 09 February 2021 18:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend
Hi,

yes we have changed and improved large parts of 4diac IDE and we have a hard time to come up with updated documentation. Especially the deployment was heavily reworked as it was one of our biggest problems. With the next version this will still be changed a bit more.

What is currently our biggest open point is that the bootfile generation is still broken [1]. I hoped to fix it over Christmas but I was occupied with other stuff. My plan is to have it available for the next release.

Cheers,
Alois

[1] https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=568326

Re: Create Forte Boot-files in 4Diac IDE v. 1.13.1 [message #1837907 is a reply to message #1837894] Wed, 10 February 2021 09:04 Go to previous message
Christoph Schultz is currently offline Christoph SchultzFriend
Thank you very much for the fast reply.
Cheers,
Christoph
Previous Topic:How to solve "undefined reference to 'wiringPiSetup'"
Next Topic:openPowerlink
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 12 14:10:48 GMT 2021