Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Papyrus not working with SymML 1.6 plugin
Papyrus not working with SymML 1.6 plugin [message #1837558] Tue, 02 February 2021 11:36 Go to next message
Justas Poderys is currently offline Justas PoderysFriend
I am looking for help regarding making Papyrus work with SysML 1.6.

I am using stand alone papyrus available from the website with build data:
Version: 2020-12 (4.18)
Build id: 2021-01-05T10:02:37Z

I install Marketplace plugin and SysML 1.6 plugin in the Vanilla setup of Papyrus. No additional plugins or tools are installed. When starting Papyrus, I get the following errors:

Plug-in "org.eclipse.papyrus.views.modelexplorer" was unable to instantiate class "org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.widgets.providers.PatternViewerFilter".

Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.ui.workbench".

Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.ui.navigator".
org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Plug-in "org.eclipse.papyrus.views.modelexplorer" was unable to instantiate class "org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.widgets.providers.PatternViewerFilter".

Additionally, I get the following error as soon as I try to create any view:

An error has occurred. See error log for more details.
org/eclipse/ui/internal/misc/StringMatcher

My runtime data is:
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=11.0.9
java.vendor=AdoptOpenJDK
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64
Re: Papyrus not working with SymML 1.6 plugin [message #1837709 is a reply to message #1837558] Thu, 04 February 2021 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ansgar Radermacher is currently offline Ansgar RadermacherFriend
The released SysML version was build for an older Papyrus version (2020-06 or older). It seems that it implied the installation of this Papyrus version in 2020-12. Remove SysML and Papyrus again and try a re-installation with the nightly build: https://ci.eclipse.org/papyrus/job/papyrus-sysml16-master/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/releng/org.eclipse.papyrus.sysml16.p2/target/repository/

HTH
Re: Papyrus not working with SymML 1.6 plugin [message #1837710 is a reply to message #1837558] Thu, 04 February 2021 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smaoui asma is currently offline smaoui asmaFriend
Hello,

Please try to install SysML1.6 (in a new Papyrus) from this url https://ci.eclipse.org/papyrus/job/papyrus-sysml16-master/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/releng/org.eclipse.papyrus.sysml16.p2/target/repository/
and tell as if you still have problems.

may be the Sysml1.6 from the marketplace is not yet updated to the new version of Papyrus.

Best Regards,
Re: Papyrus not working with SymML 1.6 plugin [message #1839421 is a reply to message #1837710] Sat, 20 March 2021 21:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tuana GUZEL is currently offline Tuana GUZELFriend
Hello,

I am also trying to work with it but as you said ı tried it with the plugins but didn't quite work.
I am new to this stuff, I am not sure if I am doing everything right. So just to be clear;
I put the plugins int URL to eclipse dropins cause when I tried to do it with way it describes,in this URL:"https://stackoverflow.com/questions/31553376/eclipse-how-to-install-a-plugin-manually" it give me that "no software site found at jar" error. Can you please help me?

Also I should install the papyrus 1.6 from the marketplace before this right?

Thank you
Re: Papyrus not working with SymML 1.6 plugin [message #1839594 is a reply to message #1839421] Wed, 24 March 2021 11:21 Go to previous message
Ansgar Radermacher is currently offline Ansgar RadermacherFriend
Hi,

that's not the right way to install software provided by an update-site. Use Help->Install new software, then use the "Add..." button to add the update site (choose for instance the name SysML1.6 and the URL provided above).

Previous Topic:Control styles based on common property
Next Topic:Control stereotype compartments using CSS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:39:44 GMT 2024