Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse does not add string correctly or bug?(Eclipse plugin not loading? Or string not adding the variables?)
Eclipse does not add string correctly or bug? [message #1837478] Sun, 31 January 2021 12:12 Go to next message
Val Taust is currently offline Val TaustFriend
Before I had issues with Eclipse connecting to Java so in the Eclipse.ini file I copied in the JDK bin folder properly. I know they are connected now accurately.
I downloaded JDK java first latest x64 correct.
Eclipse x64. I installed as per the lecturer guidelines properly. Very happy with the result.
Wondering if the plugin file is corrupt or something within the image? I attached my console & code below.

I made the project called Integers. Then created the class Adding. I watched the video on adding variables in java. So I try to do that. I do not know how to make it add in the sysout function as a string.
Unsure how to generate the correct code.

My Eclipse seems kind of unstable at times and wants to verify every single object. I am studying Alex Lee youtube tutorials in java to improve in object skills.
I do not know the basics of Object oriented programming because the algos postgrad lecture is too advanced past the OOP module. Too bad but I got to deal with it.

I am new programmer at the moment so I appreciate this free volunteer community. My previous IDE experience is Replit (html +CSS) & Jupiter(basic python).

Thank you for all help provided by this community. Glory will be achieved!
Re: Eclipse does not add string correctly or bug? [message #1837485 is a reply to message #1837478] Sun, 31 January 2021 21:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Wolf is currently offline Thomas WolfFriend
The program you wrote has errors (shown by the red lightbulbs on the left), so there is no code to be run. Please ask your lecturer about how to correct these errors. BTW, normally, Eclipse shows a white "x" in a red square for an error, not a red lightbulb. Whatever you are using is not a standard Eclipse.
Re: Eclipse does not add string correctly or bug? [message #1837494 is a reply to message #1837485] Mon, 01 February 2021 06:01 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Note that my guess is that the style comes from this:

https://marketplace.eclipse.org/content/darkest-dark-theme-devstyle

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Model Explorer
Next Topic:How best to paste images into Eclipse forum posts?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 03:56:07 GMT 2024