Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Understanding Etypes for attribute in Ecore
Understanding Etypes for attribute in Ecore [message #1837143] Fri, 22 January 2021 16:28 Go to next message
Thomas Chiang is currently offline Thomas ChiangFriend
I am trying to understand how to set up dependencies so that I can introduce OCL as a type into my editor so that the type of an attribute for a class would be of type OCL. I am going through the available types and I am trying to understand what some of them are.

index.php/fa/39806/0/

Can I use the Gen* types here in order to set up that dependency? Or the EResource ones? Or is there another type that I should be using entirely?
Re: Understanding Etypes for attribute in Ecore [message #1837154 is a reply to message #1837143] Fri, 22 January 2021 20:36 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

You need to explain EXACTLY what you are trying to do, with a very clear use case examples.

I would expect that a full integration of OCL into another language would take me at least a couple of months and I have a fair idea of what I'm doing.

However if you want something much more modest analogous to Papyrus' support for OCL embedded via an OpaqueExpression as a text String in a UML model, then something much more modest may be tractable.

If you want something a bit stronger than String, you might go for ExpressionInOCL/LanguageExpression (making sure you use the Pivot OCL for which ExpressionInOCL has more comprehensive interface capabilities.)

Regards

Ed Willink
Previous Topic:Embedding OCL editor in Sirius
Next Topic:Control order of table lines when sublines are reused
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:02:22 GMT 2024