Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Best C++ compiler for complete beginner
Best C++ compiler for complete beginner [message #1837119] Fri, 22 January 2021 12:02 Go to next message
kate necon is currently offline kate neconFriend
Hi everyone

Can anyone please recommend a basic C++ compiler. I want something basic so I can just concentrate on learning C++. I am reading C++ Primer and it says to start with a Command-line interface, can you recommend one? I definitely don't want anything with auto-complete features as this won't let me learn. I want something that looks like MS notepad to be honest. I was looking at Turbo C++ but everything says its too old and outdated to even use as a training ground.

Of course I plan on moving over to something like visual Studio once I get the basics down. I've even seen that a lot of people seem to use Linux which I am not against using.

Re: Best C++ compiler for complete beginner [message #1837140 is a reply to message #1837119] Fri, 22 January 2021 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alex Alex is currently offline Alex AlexFriend
Hi!
You could use a notepad for programming...
Compiler: g++.
If you want to use features of the new standards - you should use a fresh compiler from repo...

In Windows I using a Rad Studio by Embacadero
In Linux - Eclipse CDT

[Updated on: Fri, 22 January 2021 16:07]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Best C++ compiler for complete beginner [message #1838080 is a reply to message #1837140] Mon, 15 February 2021 14:08 Go to previous message
Mark Smith is currently offline Mark SmithFriend
Best C++ IDE & Source Editor
Visual Studio Code. Visual Studio Code is a modern, open-source IDE developed by Microsoft.
Code:: Blocks. Code:: Blocks is another awesome IDE for C++ development, which gives you all the necessary features and tools.
Eclipse.
CodeLite.
Sublime Text.
NetBeans.
Qt Creator.
Brackets.
Previous Topic:how to use language server protocol on CDT
Next Topic:ms not supported with X32 ABI
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 14:44:46 GMT 2024