Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Customizing a diagrams palette
Customizing a diagrams palette [message #1836943] Tue, 19 January 2021 13:59 Go to next message
Alexander Kuhn is currently offline Alexander KuhnFriend
Hello Community,

previously I was working on a profile for SysML in Papyrus 2020-06.

I followed the instructions of the docu:
Docu

Everythings working fine to the point where I have to customize the palette in the runtime.
Quote:
We set its name to an arbitrary one, like my_palette, and we add my_profile_test as Required profiles

But Papyrus doesn't show my profile or any other profile (SysML 1.6, OCL for UML, etc.) that is accessable in this runtime.

Does anybody know how to fix this?

Thanks for your help,
Alexander
Re: Customizing a diagrams palette [message #1837058 is a reply to message #1836943] Thu, 21 January 2021 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pauline Deville is currently offline Pauline DevilleFriend
Hello Alexander,

Are you sure that the profile is applied in the based model ?

I don't really know how it work but it seems that it is not requiered to make it works. When I watch the definition of the SysML 16 palette this field is not defined. We should plan to improve this UI.

HTH,
Pauline
Re: Customizing a diagrams palette [message #1837108 is a reply to message #1837058] Fri, 22 January 2021 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Pauline,

thanks for your answer.

The profile is applied to the base model (see picture 1).

I followed the instructions of the docu.

1. Created the profile and I can use it but I have to add the stereotypes manually to the elements (see picture 2 & 3)

2. Created and changed the elementtypes according to the docu (see picture 4 & 5)

3. Tried to customize the palette (see picture 6 & 7)

4. But when I try to use the palette in the runtime where I customized it, it just creates a usual block instead of the block with the applied stereotype (see picture 8)

And I can't figure out why it doesn't work...

Best Regards, Alex

PS: I reached the number of max attached files. I will add them to the next message.
Re: Customizing a diagrams palette [message #1837109 is a reply to message #1837108] Fri, 22 January 2021 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Attached pictures part two.
Re: Customizing a diagrams palette [message #1837209 is a reply to message #1837109] Mon, 25 January 2021 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Alexender,

Just to be sure, in the "picture 1" you just show that the profile is imported but not applied (but may be it is). In the picture I attach you can see how to know that your profile is applied. In this example, the Ecore profile is applied.

Best regards,
Pauline
  • Attachment: picture.png
    (Size: 24.56KB, Downloaded 67 times)
Re: Customizing a diagrams palette [message #1837225 is a reply to message #1837209] Mon, 25 January 2021 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Pauline,

sorry for the confusion. Yes the profile is also applied.
I can use the profile for modeling (see picture 3) but I have to add the profile to each block manually. This is why I want to use the palette.

Best Regards,
Alex

[Updated on: Mon, 25 January 2021 13:03]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Customizing a diagrams palette [message #1837360 is a reply to message #1837225] Thu, 28 January 2021 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alexender,

It seems in the picture 6 and 7 that you add the Block in the palette but you should add the System stereotype instead.

HTH,
Pauline
Re: Customizing a diagrams palette [message #1837392 is a reply to message #1837360] Fri, 29 January 2021 08:55 Go to previous message
Hi Pauline,

I added the block and changed its elementtypes to the elementypes of the stereotype. I thought this is what the says.

When I add the stereotype element from the available tools (see picture_palette) then I can't add it to the diagram.

Best Regards,
Alex
Previous Topic:papyrus how to run state machine
Next Topic:Papyrus 2020-12 release (5.0.0), SysML 1.6, StringMatcher issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:50:51 GMT 2024