Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » [Solved] PDE version out of sync with JDT? How is this resolved?
[Solved] PDE version out of sync with JDT? How is this resolved? [message #1836656] Mon, 11 January 2021 12:19 Go to next message
Duncan Field is currently offline Duncan FieldFriend
Eclipse is spamming this error message. My interpretation is that org.eclipse.pde is trying to call something in org.eclipse.jdt, but the versions are out of sync somehow? Does this sound correct? I don't seem to be able to update the PDE version from within Eclipse, and I was wondering how I might go about doing this, or getting compatible plugins? Thank you.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.jobs 4 2 2021-01-11 10:21:26.644
!MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: "Initializing plug-in models".
!STACK 0
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: 'org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.env.IModule org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.builder.ClasspathJrt.getModule(java.lang.String)'
	at org.eclipse.pde.internal.core.TargetPlatformHelper.querySystemPackages(TargetPlatformHelper.java:429)
	at org.eclipse.pde.internal.core.TargetPlatformHelper.getPlatformProperties(TargetPlatformHelper.java:393)
	at org.eclipse.pde.internal.core.MinimalState.getProfilePlatformProperties(MinimalState.java:182)
	at org.eclipse.pde.internal.core.MinimalState.initializePlatformProperties(MinimalState.java:176)
	at org.eclipse.pde.internal.core.PDEState.<init>(PDEState.java:67)
	at org.eclipse.pde.internal.core.PluginModelManager.initializeTable(PluginModelManager.java:602)
	at org.eclipse.pde.internal.core.PluginModelManager.targetReloaded(PluginModelManager.java:522)
	at org.eclipse.pde.internal.core.RequiredPluginsInitializer.lambda$0(RequiredPluginsInitializer.java:33)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.jobs.Job$2.run(Job.java:185)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:63)

[Updated on: Tue, 12 January 2021 12:37]

Report message to a moderator

Re: PDE version out of sync with JDT? How is this resolved? [message #1836698 is a reply to message #1836656] Tue, 12 January 2021 12:37 Go to previous message
Duncan Field is currently offline Duncan FieldFriend
This was resolved by installing 'Eclipse Plug-in Development Environment' from the http://download.eclipse.org/releases/2019-12 repository. This effectively downgraded the version being used so that it was compatible with the JDT version. Seems like I could alternatively have switched to a more recent version of Eclipse.

[Updated on: Tue, 12 January 2021 12:37]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Is it possible to redirect to browser URL on splash image click?
Next Topic:Apache batik
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 16:37:16 GMT 2024