Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Can't get into the Preprocessor Include Part of The Project Dialogue Box
Can't get into the Preprocessor Include Part of The Project Dialogue Box [message #1836482] Tue, 05 January 2021 17:17 Go to next message
Robert Wood is currently offline Robert WoodFriend
I have a C project that when I right click and select properties, then go to C/C++ General | Preprocessor Include I get the following message:

http://www.apostrophe.co.uk/images/Preprocessor.png

I've cloned this from github, so I'm guessing on a Windows machine the project works, but on this Linux box I''m trying to get it to run on, there's an issue.

Is there a text file that the IDE pulls this info from that might be an issue? If so, where could I find it?

Is there anything else anyone can think of that might be the issue? Happy to provide any other info as needed.

Many thanks.

[Updated on: Tue, 05 January 2021 17:17]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Can't get into the Preprocessor Include Part of The Project Dialogue Box [message #1837316 is a reply to message #1836482] Wed, 27 January 2021 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Wood is currently offline Robert WoodFriend
Bump. Would *really* appreciate some help on this.
Re: Can't get into the Preprocessor Include Part of The Project Dialogue Box [message #1837329 is a reply to message #1837316] Wed, 27 January 2021 16:04 Go to previous message
David VavraFriend
Things like added include paths are kept in the project info in the workspace.
Something like: <workspace>/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.cdt.core/<project>.language.settings.xml

You could try deleting the metadata file but I'm not sure if it will be rebuilt.

It's probably better to delete the project from the workspace then re-import it.
Try: File-->Import-->General --> <one of the selections>
This will recreate the project in the workspace but may fail if the problem is in the .project files.

You may have to import it as a C/C++ project with existing code as a Makefile project.
If the project is not a Makefile project, then you'll have to create an empty project of the type you want and move the source into it.
Previous Topic:plugins for IDE expansion
Next Topic:Remote Debugging through gateway
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:34:25 GMT 2024