Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » P2 » Self-hosting an arbitrary p2 repository?
Self-hosting an arbitrary p2 repository? [message #1836373] Thu, 31 December 2020 00:16 Go to next message
Pablo  eltrán is currently offline Pablo eltránFriend
Hi,

I'm evaluating Eclipse technologies and stumbled with a problem:

My testing application is able to create a p2 repository and install /uninstall the software from third-party update sites via the P2 UI running from the browser, however, the application is not updated itself. .I.e: If a new view is installed via p2, it is not available from the: Window>Show view > Other... menu, whereas the p2 repository is updated in an expected way.

It looks like the p2 repository and the application are isolated.

I've read about self-hosted p2 repositories and the "Support Software Installation in the launched application" option that I tested successfully with RCP application examples.

Unfortunately, this is a RAP application, and creating a product for exporting with the "Generate p2 repository" option does not work because of a bug in Eclipse https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=544151

I would appreciate some guidance about the main steps to "connect"/self-host a p2 repository with an application manually.

[EDITED]
I got it. This is what I wanted to achieve: installing plugins with P2 UI on the platform with RAP. Well, it's a bit stressing but Eclipse is a great product, and with some patience things finally work.
index.php/fa/39691/0/

Thanks,
Pablo

[Updated on: Fri, 08 January 2021 01:40]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Self-hosting an arbitrary p2 repository? [message #1836393 is a reply to message #1836373] Fri, 01 January 2021 10:26 Go to previous message
Pablo  eltrán is currently offline Pablo eltránFriend
There is no ProvSDKUIActivator.ANY_PROFILE option available in org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.ui.sdk.ProvSDKUIActivator as described here:

https://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox/p2/Getting_Started#Running_the_p2_UI_from_a_self-hosted_workbench
Previous Topic:p2 stuck with RCP only is an strategic error
Next Topic:FeaturesAndBundlesPublisher: Filter is missing for required capability
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 02:32:21 GMT 2024