Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Model validation failed
Model validation failed [message #1835640] Wed, 09 December 2020 11:23 Go to next message
John Henbergs is currently offline John HenbergsFriend
Hi all,

I have created a simple UML Profile with Papyrus which is shown in the following screenshot.

index.php/fa/39504/0/

Furthermore, I created a component diagram for the model, which is shown in the following screenshot. However, when I try to validate the model, I get an error saying:

[code]
'corona::http://www.eclipse.org/uml2/2.0.0/UML::corona::WorldMap::country' of '«WorldMap»corona::NordicCountries' must be set
[code]

However , I am not able to add a specific country that I have created, lets say Sweden, to it. If I add a new Country it will be undefined. Do you know what the issue might be?
index.php/fa/39505/0/
Thank you
Re: Model validation failed [message #1835645 is a reply to message #1835640] Wed, 09 December 2020 12:18 Go to previous message
Christian Damus is currently offline Christian DamusFriend

Hi,

It is difficult to create instances of stereotypes in a composite aggregation because if you just create a Country as you did in the property sheet, then there is no convenient way to set the Component that the Country extends. It is recommended not to make composition of stereotypes in a Profile because tools are unlikely to support that. As you have found, Papyrus does not.

Nor is it usually necessary to make associations between stereotypes at all because in 99.9% of cases the metaclasses that they extend already have those associations. For example, a Component can be contained in a Package. So a Country needs not be contained in a WorldMap. Just delete that association from your profile and let the «Country» Component be contained in a «WorldMap» Package.

HTH,
Christian
Previous Topic:Multiline style in association labels
Next Topic:Editing a profile as a diagram
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 03:35:30 GMT 2024