Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » ATL » Using paths in a "uses" statement(Dealing with tree of modules )
Using paths in a "uses" statement [message #1835585] Mon, 07 December 2020 16:41 Go to next message
Yves BERNARD is currently offline Yves BERNARDFriend
I cannot find the appropriate syntax for a "uses" statement that would refer to module that is not located in the same directory than the "using" module. Is it possible do do so?

Thanks,
Yves

Yves
Re: Using paths in a "uses" statement [message #1835593 is a reply to message #1835585] Mon, 07 December 2020 22:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dennis Wagelaar is currently offline Dennis WagelaarFriend

Note that only EMFTVM has the concept of a module path, where referenced ATL files are automatically loaded; the other VMs require each file to specified manually. To organise ATL files over multiple directories in EMFTVM, you can use qualified names for the module or library name using the '::' separator. You do need to enclose qualified names in double quotes (") to overcome a parser limitation.

I've added the ModulePath example to https://github.com/dwagelaar/atl.examples

Cheers,
Dennis
Re: Using paths in a "uses" statement [message #1835634 is a reply to message #1835593] Wed, 09 December 2020 07:15 Go to previous message
Yves BERNARD is currently offline Yves BERNARDFriend
Dennis,

Thank you so much for your reply. Surprisingly, searching for documentation on ATL only gave me the former ATL 3.5 documentation. I didn't understand why I was not leaded to the page you provide the link above. This will be really helpful to me since the transformation I'm working on is a rather big one. I would like avoiding to put everything in a single file!

Note that what I need is not "superimposition" but actually a simple "dispatching" of all the rules of a single transformation in multiples files. According to what I read, this is supported by EMFTVM... Together with multiple inheritance, which is a great for what I have to do!

Thanks again. :-)
Yves

Yves
Previous Topic:Merging multiple Instance Models
Next Topic:Multiple ATL files to Single XMI file output possible?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 22:26:09 GMT 2024