Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Best C++ IDE and Compiler?
Best C++ IDE and Compiler? [message #1835027] Mon, 23 November 2020 16:21 Go to next message
nati mewad is currently offline nati mewadFriend
Hello all, sorry if this question is too simple but I'm going a bit crazy trying to figure this out. I've been learning C++ at school for a while now and was thinking about trying my own projects. At school, the way we code is with a virtual machine and servers and all confusing stuff I do not understand yet (we use emacs and g++ on a linux OS I think). However, when trying to find a way to do this on my computer (Windows), I'm getting so lost in trying to find a good tool and getting lost in how to use everything. Thank you very much for the help.
Re: Best C++ IDE and Compiler? [message #1835081 is a reply to message #1835027] Tue, 24 November 2020 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tauno Voipio is currently offline Tauno VoipioFriend
There are two packages for Windows which give Unixish user interface and utilities: MinGW and Cygwin.

You could download MinGW and install both g++ and emacs into it, to get a familiar system to use. It is little help to use another IDE around Emacs, and there is always the learning step to climb.

Google for MinGW and MinGW Emacs.

--

Tauno Voipio
Re: Best C++ IDE and Compiler? [message #1835204 is a reply to message #1835027] Fri, 27 November 2020 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HarperWyatt HarperWyatt is currently offline HarperWyatt HarperWyattFriend
nati mewad wrote on Mon, 23 November 2020 16:21
Hello all, sorry if this question is too simple but I'm going a bit crazy trying to figure this out. I've been learning C++ at school for a while now and was thinking about trying my own projects. At school, the way we 192.168.0.1 routerlogin 192.168.l.lcode is with a virtual machine and servers and all confusing stuff I do not understand yet (we use emacs and g++ on a linux OS I think). However, when trying to find a way to do this on my computer (Windows), I'm getting so lost in trying to find a good tool and getting lost in how to use everything. Thank you very much for the help.

i agreee

[Updated on: Fri, 27 November 2020 06:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Best C++ IDE and Compiler? [message #1835223 is a reply to message #1835204] Fri, 27 November 2020 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tauno Voipio is currently offline Tauno VoipioFriend
Google for MinGW and MSYS, read the instructions and install the software. In a similar way, you can Google for 'MinGW Emacs' and get info for Emacs in your system.

After doing it, there are instructions for Eclipse CDT (C Development Toolkit) in the Eclipse Help pages.

You cannot get anywhere without doing something yourself.

For your own computer, you do not need to log into a network address, everything should be on your own computer.

--

Tauno Voipio

[Updated on: Fri, 27 November 2020 11:24]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Best C++ IDE and Compiler? [message #1835385 is a reply to message #1835027] Wed, 02 December 2020 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rocco Jerry is currently offline Rocco JerryFriend
In linux it is working on GCC compiler, and now a days most of IDE also providing the same. You can use Ecllipse IDE itself.
Re: Best C++ IDE and Compiler? [message #1835643 is a reply to message #1835385] Wed, 09 December 2020 11:59 Go to previous message
Mark Smith is currently offline Mark SmithFriend
List of best C++ IDE and Compiler
1.Dev C++
2.Visual Studio Code
3.Code:: Blocks
4.Eclipse
5.CodeLite
6. Sublime Text
Previous Topic:What's the most recommended c++ IDE to use?
Next Topic:No output from make with CMake
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:53:12 GMT 2024