Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » How to make default codes to appear when you type a keyword and hit tab in Eclipse(I want to set up some ready codes to appear when I write a certain keyword and hit tab )
How to make default codes to appear when you type a keyword and hit tab in Eclipse [message #1834456] Tue, 10 November 2020 16:21 Go to next message
Ayoub Likwak is currently offline Ayoub LikwakFriend
Hello World!
I started to learn Java in my computer science studies, and I need a lot to use printing methods
System.out.print();
System.out.println();
, and
System.out.printf();
, I searched in Google and I didn't find the right answer maybe cause I don't know how to ask it. Anyway, I'm looking for a way to set up some ready codes to appear when I write a certain keyword and hit tab like in Sublime text in HTML we can just write "lorem" and press Tab and it will display the Lorem Ipsum paragraph.
Thank you for your help guys
Re: How to make default codes to appear when you type a keyword and hit tab in Eclipse [message #1834461 is a reply to message #1834456] Tue, 10 November 2020 17:41 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

They're called Templates, and are activated as part of content assist with Ctrl+Space. You'll find the page for them in your Preferences under Java->Editor->Templates.

Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:eclipse - error
Next Topic:Error in Java
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 19 23:09:59 GMT 2021