Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Eclipse Web Tools Platform Project (WTP) » ECLIPSE_HOME is undefined, after installiing the angular plugin of Codemix?
ECLIPSE_HOME is undefined, after installiing the angular plugin of Codemix? [message #1834304] Fri, 06 November 2020 19:21 Go to next message
Nico van de Kamp is currently offline Nico van de KampFriend
Hello,

I want to learn\understand Java with Angular.
So i have installed the Angular plugin of Codemix via Market place of Eclipse. Next to the Codemix Angular plugin, there is also the Codemix IDE required part installed for Eclipse.

If I launch Eclipse 2020-09 R then I get the compiler error with "ECLIPSE_HOME is undefined".

I've been googling the whole day with the Idea, this must be simple, but not!

Does anybody have an idea what i have todo to solve this?
On Codemix I can't find the answer, although I'm not the first one who have an issue with this!

It is on a Fedora Linux environment. I'm working with Linux to learn and to get familiar with it, so I'm not an real experient user, but I can work with the terminal, vi, if I do have to chance something.

What I have tried is to add ECLIPSE_HOME as key with the value /usr/lib/eclipse at preference, but this doesn't help.

Is the Codemix the only plugin for using Angular? Or can I install something different which is 'free', because for Codemix An payed licence is necessary, which I don"t have for Just learning Angular.

I hope that someone van help me out?
Re: ECLIPSE_HOME is undefined, after installiing the angular plugin of Codemix? [message #1834353 is a reply to message #1834304] Sun, 08 November 2020 14:48 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

You could try using the abilities baked into Wild Web Developer, but with CodeMix being a commercial product,
it must have official support channels through which you could pursue this. I really can't speak to how the
feature set compares between them.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:XSD based content assist missing for XML files
Next Topic:Disable Automatically Close "Strings" in JSON editor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:27:36 GMT 2024