Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » UML2 » Profile definition results in dangling references when using a model library
Profile definition results in dangling references when using a model library [message #1834271] Fri, 06 November 2020 10:14 Go to next message
Jonas Geschke is currently offline Jonas GeschkeFriend
I am trying to use datatypes and classes from a model library in my profile. I separated these into their own library to reuse them in the model.

But every time I try to define the profile UML2 yields this error for every feature in a stereotype that has the type of a referenced datatype or class (enumeration work fine though):

The feature 'eType' of '<featureName>': <LibraryName_PackageName_TypeName>' contains a dangling reference '<LibraryName_PackageName_TypeName'
The feature 'eClassifier' of '<LibraryName_PackageName_TypeName>' contains a dangling reference '<LibraryName_PackageName_TypeName'

I attached a model project to reproduce the error.

Eclipse Version:
Version: 2020-09 (4.17.0)
Build id: 20200910-1200

Papyrus Version:
4.8.x and 5.0 Nightly (both tested)

Appendix: I want to reuse the datatypes and especially the classes in my model because I want to achieve a stereotype that has a property that references an instance of a specific class so I tried to use the Class as the type of the property, I am not sure if that is the right way to do it.
Re: Profile definition results in dangling references when using a model library [message #1834282 is a reply to message #1834271] Fri, 06 November 2020 12:49 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

Response in original thread: https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=1105773&goto=1834281&#msg_1834281

Regards

Ed Willink
Previous Topic:Change parent/owner
Next Topic:problems saving stereotypes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:02:28 GMT 2024