Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » How to get an element based edge to show across hierarchies
How to get an element based edge to show across hierarchies [message #1833552] Fri, 16 October 2020 15:40 Go to next message
Thomas Chiang is currently offline Thomas ChiangFriend
Hi,

I have a DSL that requires the nesting of elements within my model. I also have element based edges that can be created across the different layers of the model. When I create such an edge, it doesn't show up in the editor unless I move it to the top level of the hierarchy, right under the parent element of the whole model. Attached are some screen shots showing what I mean.

index.php/fa/39078/0/

index.php/fa/39079/0/

index.php/fa/39080/0/

index.php/fa/39081/0/

index.php/fa/39082/0/

Not sure what I can do to fix this. Ideas?

[Updated on: Fri, 16 October 2020 21:24]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to get an element based edge to show across hierarchies [message #1833558 is a reply to message #1833552] Fri, 16 October 2020 21:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Chiang is currently offline Thomas ChiangFriend
Update. I've diagnosed so far that when I am creating a new edge, my creation tool attaches the source of the edge to the container of the source. How can I make it so that the regardless of what the source is, the edge is always outside of the hierarchy of nodes?

Re: How to get an element based edge to show across hierarchies [message #1833656 is a reply to message #1833558] Tue, 20 October 2020 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nicolas Vannier is currently offline Nicolas VannierFriend
Hello, I can only guess but there may be something wrong with the semantic candidate expression or the finder expressions of your element-based edge, I can take a look at it if you post a screenshot of the "General" and "Advanced" tabs of your element-based edge properties.

I would look at wether all your "associations" are captured by the semantic candidates expression and if the target finder expression is valid regardless of the depth of the target in the model's hierarchy.

[Updated on: Tue, 20 October 2020 12:58]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to get an element based edge to show across hierarchies [message #1833659 is a reply to message #1833558] Tue, 20 October 2020 13:56 Go to previous message
Steve Monnier is currently offline Steve MonnierFriend
Hello,

I think that you just miss an Edge Mapping. I guess that you have an Edge Mapping under your Diagram description. However, your Association can also be contained by a Data that is not the semantic root element of the diagram. This means that under the Container Mapping for Data, you will need another Edge Mapping to display associations contained in Data. This also means that you will probably need a second Edge Creation Tool.

Best regards,
Steve

Steve Monnier - Obeo Canada
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Previous Topic:Default copy/paste behaviour is overridden
Next Topic:How to copy an element while keeping its layout?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:50:26 GMT 2024