Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Build log text displayed with unicode codes in Eclipse Console Tab - CDT Build Console (Unicode codes displayed in Eclipse Console Tab - CDT Build Console)
Build log text displayed with unicode codes in Eclipse Console Tab - CDT Build Console [message #1833535] Fri, 16 October 2020 08:48
Marius P is currently offline Marius PFriend
Dear Community Members,

I am using a rather older Eclipse CDT ( Version: Oxygen.3a Release (4.7.3a) - Build id: 20180405-1200 ; up-to-date ) on Linux ( Fedora 32, Linux Kernel version 5.8.12-200.fc32.x86_64 ) using OpenJDK ( java-1.8.0-openjdk.x86_64 (/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.8.0-openjdk-1.8.0.265.b01-1.fc32.x86_64/jre/bin/java ).

When building a project, the Unicode codes are displayed inside the Eclipse Console Tab (CDT Build Console), like in the attached screen-shot. When copy/pasting the unicode codes (seen in the Build Console as well as on the screen-shot attached) in a text editor, the codes are correct (in this case the text in the screen-shot is "12:03:00 **** Incremental Build of configuration").

I am launching Eclipse CDT from the command-line. The locale before launching ./eclipse shows:

$ locale
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

The Window -> Preferences -> C/C++ -> Build -> Environment is empty (has no further env. vars. defined).

The Window -> Preferences -> C/C++ -> Build -> Log -> Enable global build logging is active and the build log stored in a file is readable with a text editor of choice.

Do you maybe have any suggestions of what could be a possible issue (with my setup and/or with my Eclipse version; or what information could be relevant to narrow down this issue even more)?

Thank you in advance for any hints,
Marius
Previous Topic:Unable to add some characters in editor.
Next Topic: Sloeber plug-in setup failure
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:06:03 GMT 2024