Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » include of header files from build tools(Fatal error when compiling but paths seems correct)
include of header files from build tools [message #1833312] Thu, 08 October 2020 20:25 Go to next message
Greg Matthews is currently offline Greg MatthewsFriend
Issue:
I get "fatal error: string: No such file or directory" when having #include <string> in my header file. In the project explorer I can see all the includes and the gcc_V9.2 is there and includes string in the folder.
In the source code, i can look in the Outline pane, and if I click on string in that pain it opens the correct source file from the include folders.
If I look in project->properties->settings->C++ compiler->Includes then I have added paths to the build tools include folders for good measure.
I've cleaned, refreshed, rebuilt, the index. I still get the error.

What am I doing wrong?
Re: include of header files from build tools [message #1833317 is a reply to message #1833312] Fri, 09 October 2020 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David VavraFriend
project-->properties->settings -->Tool Settings tab --> C++ compiler -->Includes
is only used to tell the compiler (via the makefile) where the includes are.
In fact, the dialog for setting them is only present when CDT is creating the makefile.

You need to tell the Indexer as well.
Project --> Properties --> C/C++ General --> Preprocessor Include Paths, Macros etc.
You can only edit the User Settings entries.
The rest are provided by various scanners (providers).

The following article might help.
https://www.eclipse.org/community/eclipse_newsletter/2013/october/article4.php
Re: include of header files from build tools [message #1833321 is a reply to message #1833317] Fri, 09 October 2020 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Greg Matthews is currently offline Greg MatthewsFriend
Thanks - I'll have a read
Re: include of header files from build tools [message #1833936 is a reply to message #1833317] Wed, 28 October 2020 13:03 Go to previous message
Mark Smith is currently offline Mark SmithFriend
Thanks helpful!!
Previous Topic:make: Interrupt/Exception caught (code = 0xc00000fd, addr = 0x4217b3)
Next Topic:How can I use <ECLIPSE DYNAMIC VARIABLE>s?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:05:14 GMT 2024