Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Eclipse 2200 v. 3.7.2 Host Manager Error - The Connection Already Exists("The connection to host already exists. Multiple connections are not allowed." error when trying to connect to CIFS in Eclipse for OS 2200 v. 3.7.2 A2)
Eclipse 2200 v. 3.7.2 Host Manager Error - The Connection Already Exists [message #1832712] Wed, 23 September 2020 18:05 Go to next message
Kevin Pittinaro is currently offline Kevin PittinaroFriend
I am using the Unisys ClearPath OS 2200 IDE for Eclipse version 3.7.2 A2 on my work computer to create and edit COBOL programs on our Unisys ClearPath OS 2200 Mainframe system. In order to access the COBOL source code on the Mainframe system, I have to use a CIFS connection (Common Internet File System). I have my CIFS connection all set up in the OS 2200 Host Manager View.

However, sometimes when I start Eclipse for OS 2200, this Host Connection will say it is Disconnected. When I try to connect to the Host, I get the following error message:

"The connection to [CIFS Host Name] host already exists. Multiple connections are not allowed. Please disconnect the connection manually and try again."

When I check the mapped network drives on my computer though (by entering NET USE in a Command Prompt), it does not show any mapped CIFS drives! So, why is Eclipse complaining about a pre-existing mapped CIFS drive on my computer when there are none showing? Has anyone else run into this issue before (which, depending, may not be specific to COBOL programming on Mainframes...)? Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

The only "solution" I have found so far seems to be making sure that there is no CIFS drive mapped and then restarting my computer and immediately starting Eclipse for OS 2200 as soon as my computer boots into Windows before opening any other programs or windows. Obviously, this temporary solution is not ideal and requires me to reboot my computer all the time whenever the CIFS connection stops working in Eclipse for OS 2200. I would much prefer if there is a solution to this problem that does NOT require restarting my computer all the time.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can offer me in resolving this annoying issue! :-)

[Updated on: Wed, 23 September 2020 18:09]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Eclipse 2200 v. 3.7.2 Host Manager Error - The Connection Already Exists [message #1832737 is a reply to message #1832712] Thu, 24 September 2020 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I suspect you got this from here:

https://www.unisys.com/offerings/clearpath-forward/clearpath-forward-products/clearpath-os-2200-software/clearpath-os-2200-ide-for-eclipse

You should look to unisys to ask questions about problems you are having with it....

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Eclipse 2200 v. 3.7.2 Host Manager Error - The Connection Already Exists [message #1832760 is a reply to message #1832737] Thu, 24 September 2020 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kevin Pittinaro is currently offline Kevin PittinaroFriend
Yes, I got this software from Unisys. I'm assuming that they just created the plugins for Eclipse though and it is still running on the same basic platform. I wasn't sure if this was an issue with Eclipse itself or not that someone might be able to troubleshoot? Do any other flavors of Eclipse use the Host Manager View to connect to a server?

Thanks!
Re: Eclipse 2200 v. 3.7.2 Host Manager Error - The Connection Already Exists [message #1832770 is a reply to message #1832760] Thu, 24 September 2020 16:02 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I don't know anything about a Host Manager. Certainly that's not a basic Eclipse thing as far as I know.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Where to find status bar heap display
Next Topic:Selected string not delete while type new string.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 19:28:02 GMT 2024