Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Memory Analyzer » Web UI for Memory Analyzer(web based heap dump analysis for remote heap dumps.)
Web UI for Memory Analyzer [message #1832061] Mon, 07 September 2020 15:30 Go to next message
sarad mohanan is currently offline sarad mohananFriend
We have a distributed environment when there is a heap dump on any of the servers we have to scp the dump on to our local machine and process it. These dumps can be at times around 20GB (depending on the installation). I was thinking if there is a webserver for Memory Analyzer I could just start a AWS instance with required resource and have a HTML UI to interact instead of the GTK UI.
I am aware that we can create HTML reports (suspects, overview, top_components) through CLI but I also want functionalities such dominator tree in my analysis where I could just click and dig deep inside(I am suspecting that these are not provided in the HTML report due to the size.)
Re: Web UI for Memory Analyzer [message #1832246 is a reply to message #1832061] Mon, 14 September 2020 08:06 Go to previous message
Andrew Johnson is currently offline Andrew JohnsonFriend
That's a reasonable idea.

You could run MAT in a Linux type environment, and use a remote X-server. It works, but is not as convenient as a web interface.

There was a port of MAT to RAP (Rich Ajax Platform / Remote Application Platform) so MAT could run in an application server and produce web pages. It worked, with restrictions, and was released by IBM as part of IBM Support Assistant, but was not updated (from MAT version 1.4 ?) and the code changes didn't get back to MAT, and the product has now been withdrawn.

There is also Eclipse Project Jifa which is an incubation project, started in 2019 and with the first code contribution in July 2020. "Eclipse Jifa uses Vert.x as the main backend framework, and uses Vue 2.0 as the frontend framework." If you are interested and can help then do offer your services to that project.
Previous Topic:Using MAT ExportPROF in normal java application
Next Topic:Creating MAT Plugin guidance
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:41:32 GMT 2024