Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Common Build Infrastructure » Is the TPD project always alive ?
Is the TPD project always alive ? [message #1831928] Thu, 03 September 2020 07:40 Go to next message
Philippe EUGENE is currently offline Philippe EUGENEFriend
Hello,
For several years we have been using the TPD project to generate an application based on Eclipse Oxygen.

We are migrating our project to the latest version of Eclipse.

We are trying to use the latest version of TPD available on the CBI project.
https://download.eclipse.org/cbi/tpd/3.0.0-SNAPSHOT/ with Maven/tycho.

Last year we opened an issue on the project's github : https://github.com/eclipse-cbi/targetplatform-dsl/issues/94

Today I am resuming migration, after a year of interruption, and I am finding the same problem again.

Do you know if the project is still active ?

Do you think we need to keep the TPD project in our Maven Tycho build or go back to more traditional methods ?

Thank you for your answers.
--
Philippe
Re: Is the TPD project always alive ? [message #1850604 is a reply to message #1831928] Wed, 09 March 2022 17:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ernesto Posse is currently offline Ernesto PosseFriend
I am wondering today the same thing. Is this project still alive? It's VERY useful.

Right now, I'm trying to install it a more recent version of the Modelling Tools package but there seems to be a conflict regarding guava versions, so I'm guessing this has not been updated in a very long time.

Since this question was posted a year and a half ago and there isn't a response, then either it is dead or the developers don't check this forum.

The latest issue on GitHub was dated January 13th, 2021 and tagged by the mbarbero, the main developer on that day. I don't see any activity since then.

I would assume then that the project is dead.

Hopefully the developers will confirm the status of the project, or better still, update it to run in more recent versions of Eclipse.
Re: Is the TPD project always alive ? [message #1850607 is a reply to message #1850604] Wed, 09 March 2022 19:16 Go to previous message
Ernesto Posse is currently offline Ernesto PosseFriend
More info that suggests it's really dead.

I tried cloning it and building it and the build fails with both Java 8 and Java 11. In Eclipse there are a lot of dependency errors, even after setting up the TP as described in the README.

The problem seems to be the version of xtext required which appears to be 2.14.

I don't know how big of an effort it would require to upgrade it.

Previous Topic:How to organize different build targets?
Next Topic:Notarization operation failed as libjnidispatch.jnilib is not signed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 05:52:41 GMT 2024