Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Polarsys » Capella workbench » User function breakdown(Is it possible to breakdown user functions?)
User function breakdown [message #1830969] Fri, 07 August 2020 13:31 Go to next message
Luc Baldwin is currently offline Luc BaldwinFriend
Hello,

I am new to Capella and I just ran into a problem.

After creating a system function in a SAB diagram and allocating it to an actor, I can not break it down in a SFBD diagram nor can I add other system fonctions inside of it.
In the project explorer the function apears as a blue SF as it is allocated to an actor.
(I can create the SFBD diagram but I can't add new functions to it)

In the In-Flight Entertainement System example, there are system functions alocated to actors that apear as green SF and that can be breaked down.

Could someone explain me how to do that ?

(this is using Capella 1.4.1)
Re: User function breakdown [message #1830973 is a reply to message #1830969] Fri, 07 August 2020 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephane Bonnet is currently offline Stephane BonnetFriend
Hello.

I believe this is a (pretty annoying) regression of the 1.4.x version. Hopefully this will be corrected in 1.4.2.

This is a simple workaround: select a merge or split function instead of a standard function (you need to expand the tool in the palette) and it should work. Then, you can open the properties of the function and switch it back to standard.
Re: User function breakdown [message #1830974 is a reply to message #1830973] Fri, 07 August 2020 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Luc Baldwin is currently offline Luc BaldwinFriend
So I just tried using the split function but I have the same problem, when I turn it back into a standard function it still shows the blue SF and can't be broken down.

While I was fiddling I discovered that I could move functions in the project explorer and put them under my actor function, then by changing the allocation I could mimic adding the function. I now have actor functions under actor functions.
It still isn't what I saw in the IFE example and it's a little tedious but I can know generate a breakdown of the function.

Do you think this will work correctly when transitioning to Logical architecture?
Re: User function breakdown [message #1860278 is a reply to message #1830969] Wed, 26 July 2023 13:48 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
AI Spam removed

[Updated on: Wed, 04 October 2023 13:19] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Capella
Next Topic:FMECA
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:54:09 GMT 2024