Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Polarsys » Capella General » Exchange Context within Functional Chains
Exchange Context within Functional Chains [message #1830610] Wed, 29 July 2020 18:06 Go to next message
Fábio Guarita is currently offline Fábio GuaritaFriend
Although there is a field for Exchange Contexts within Functional Chain Involvement Links, there is no mechanism for displaying the Exchange Context in the Functional Chain Diagram.

In the example below I created a dummy Functional Chain and added an Exchange Context named "Exchange Context Sample".

I then used the "Constraints" accelerator to bring the generated constraint to the diagram. (in the scenarios there is a dedicated Exchange Context accelerator for this).

The displayed constraint does not display the light yellow link which links Exchange Contexts to Interactions in scenarios.

Is this intended? Or should I open a bug report in the bugzilla?

(I understand there is a workaround by using a ContraintElement relationship to point the constraint to the Functional Exchange Involvement Link which I am already using. I just wanted to know if a bug should be reported)

index.php/fa/38684/0/

Obs.; I'm using Capella 1.4.0

[Updated on: Wed, 29 July 2020 18:07]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Exchange Context within Functional Chains [message #1830611 is a reply to message #1830610] Wed, 29 July 2020 18:26 Go to previous message
Stephane LACRAMPE is currently offline Stephane LACRAMPEFriend
Hi Fabio,

To me, it would make sense that when you create a constraint directly from a model element from the Exchange Context field, then the link "ConstraintElement" is automatically created (and then displayed in the diagram when you decide to display the constraint. But I may be wrong.

Stephane

Stephane LACRAMPE
Obeo Canada
Previous Topic: Viewpoint Modes & States for Capella 1.4.x
Next Topic:Interfaces - Capturing interface information for ICDs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:37:53 GMT 2024