Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse install(Error message)
Eclipse install [message #1830607] Wed, 29 July 2020 17:12 Go to next message
Kevin Morrison is currently offline Kevin MorrisonFriend
Hi all. wondering if someone out there can help with my issue. I need to install eclipse on laptops in a lab. I downloaded the exe and went through the install. The issue I'm having is during the install on the ooomph unsigned content it is pointing to my user directory and I cannot change that. When I hit ok the install completes, but when I sign in as a student I get the following error "the eclipse launcher was unable to locate it's companion shared library" I can't allow the students to install the software. Is there a work around for this? Any help would be appreciated thank you in advance
Re: Eclipse install [message #1830626 is a reply to message #1830607] Thu, 30 July 2020 05:45 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Read carefully the instructions here (a link to which is available in the installer's menu):

https://www.eclipse.org/setups/installer/question/

Specifically the parts about the bundle pool, i.e., "While it is possible to use the eclipse installer to create a so-called shared, read-only installation, you should read carefully the additional considerations below. In particular, it's important to either disable the use of the shared bundle pool, or to ensure that the shared bundle pool is also located in a read-only location that is accessible to all users. "

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:XML Perspective Target ID
Next Topic:Include Java Hex Editor in Eclipse PDE Manifest
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 19:18:04 GMT 2024