Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Why does F5 seem to do nothing, but "Refresh" does?
Why does F5 seem to do nothing, but "Refresh" does? [message #1830241] Tue, 21 July 2020 20:22 Go to next message
David M. Karr is currently offline David M. KarrFriend
If I modify my workspace from outside of Eclipse, I go into Eclipse and click on the project that I changed and press F5, which is bound to the "Refresh" action. Invariably, this does nothing. If I then right-click on the project or folder and select "Refresh", the external changes suddenly appear.

Is there something I'm missing, or is this just a bug?
Re: Why does F5 seem to do nothing, but "Refresh" does? [message #1830304 is a reply to message #1830241] Thu, 23 July 2020 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolf Theunissen is currently offline Rolf TheunissenFriend
Does the Project/Package Explorer have focus when you press F5? You can also check if the refresh action is enabled in the File menu, File > Refresh. When the action is not enabled in the File menu, it will not run. I am not sure what refresh does when the Project/Package Explore is not selected, it might only refresh the current active editor/view.
Re: Why does F5 seem to do nothing, but "Refresh" does? [message #1830398 is a reply to message #1830304] Fri, 24 July 2020 18:28 Go to previous message
David M. Karr is currently offline David M. KarrFriend
When I do this, I have attempted to ensure that the package explorer has the focus. I'll have to look closer the next time this happens.
Previous Topic:FilteredTree repaint issues with DND enabled
Next Topic:How to add dynamic Hyperlink in SWT shell with eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:46:48 GMT 2024