Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » How to format build.properities for eclipse plugin export
How to format build.properities for eclipse plugin export [message #1830011] Wed, 15 July 2020 19:33 Go to next message
Katya Doersam is currently offline Katya DoersamFriend
My Eclipse PDE plugin compiles and runs successfully in a runtime instance of Eclipse; however, when I go to export the project, the I get the error that the property isn't set for the jars that are listed as source.lib/example.jar. The lib folder is at the same level as the source folder. The lib folder is not nested inside of the source folder. When I added the build and runtime dependencies to allow the plugin to run in an eclipse runtime environment, the code inserted below is generated by Eclipse for the PDE plugin. The jars listed below are all external jars that have to be packaged with my jar due to customer requirements.

Any advice on how to fix this code to provide the correct values for the source.lib/example.jar= entries?

source.. = src/
output.. = bin/
bin.includes = plugin.xml,\
               META-INF/,\
               .,\
               icons/,\
               src/lib/commons-io-2.6.jar,\
               src/lib/daffodil-io_2.12-2.5.0.jar,\
               src/lib/daffodil-japi_2.12-2.5.0.jar,\
               src/lib/daffodil-lib_2.12-2.5.0.jar,\
               src/lib/icu4j-62.1.jar,\
               src/lib/scala-library-2.12.6.jar,\
               src/lib/scala-parser-combinators_2.12-1.1.1.jar,\
               lib/
source.lib/commons-io-2.6.jar = 
source.lib/scala-library-2.12.6.jar = 
source.lib/scala-parser-combinators_2.12-1.1.1.jar = 
source.lib/daffodil-io_2.12-2.5.0.jar = 
source.lib/daffodil-japi_2.12-2.5.0.jar = 
source.lib/daffodil-lib_2.12-2.5.0.jar = 
source.lib/icu4j-62.1.jar = 
jars.compile.order = lib/scala-parser-combinators_2.12-1.1.1.jar,\
                                           lib/commons-io-2.6.jar,\
                                          lib/daffodil-japi_2.12-2.5.0.jar,\                                           
                                          lib/icu4j-62.1.jar,\
                                          lib/scala-library-2.12.6.jar,\
                                          lib/daffodil-io_2.12-2.5.0.jar,\
                                         lib/daffodil-lib_2.12-2.5.0.jar,\
Re: How to format build.properities for eclipse plugin export [message #1830029 is a reply to message #1830011] Thu, 16 July 2020 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Like I said in your other post:

This does look confusingly wrong to me. It seems pretty likely to me that you don't have all the sources for these jars and don't need to compile those sources to produce those jars. If you did have the sources for each, each source.lib/*.jar property would have different folder for that jar's sources, and there would be a corresponding output.lib/*.jar property for each to tell PDE where to compile the sources too before jarring them up.

I suspect that you have all these jars already existing, copied into your lib folder, and that your bin.includes should just include lib/, which it already does. In that case, all your other src/lib/* entries for the bin.includes properties should be removed as well as all the source.lib/*.jar properties. The jars should not be in the src folder.

I'm not sure how you've specified the build path for this project though. I'd expect the jars to be listed only in the Libraries tab.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: How to format build.properities for eclipse plugin export [message #1830062 is a reply to message #1830029] Thu, 16 July 2020 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Katya Doersam is currently offline Katya DoersamFriend
I have the jars included in the runtime and build tabs of the plugin manifest (see attached photos). So, if I am understanding you correctly, I need to remove all of the sections about the jar sources, and just include the source folder for the source code? Do I remove the section about the jars.compile.order? The build.properties tab is currently in the format automatically created when you include jars in the runtime and build tabs.
Re: How to format build.properities for eclipse plugin export [message #1830084 is a reply to message #1830062] Fri, 17 July 2020 06:43 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I'm not sure the impact of the compile order property in this case. Certainly it seems likely the source needs to see the jars to compile. I suppose you need to poke at it until it doesn't fail during the export...

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:IllegalStateException and other problems when importing existing gradle
Next Topic:PIC micro-controller plugin in Eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 07:27:05 GMT 2024