Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » How can I get the path of the my file (I need to write to a CVS file in my project folder) (How can I get the path of the my file (I need to write to a CVS file in my project folder) )
How can I get the path of the my file (I need to write to a CVS file in my project folder) [message #1829916] Mon, 13 July 2020 22:57 Go to next message
zakarias fridriksson is currently offline zakarias fridrikssonFriend
here below is my code, and I am always getting this path:

IWorkbenchPart workbenchPart = PlatformUI.getWorkbench().getActiveWorkbenchWindow().getActivePage().getActivePart(); 
			IFile file = (IFile) workbenchPart.getSite().getPage().getActiveEditor().getEditorInput().getAdapter(IFile.class);
			String path = file.getRawLocation().toOSString();
			System.out.println("path: " + path);

/Users/zakariasfridriksson/runtime-EclipseApplication/is.ru.cs.PapyrusActivityLogger.example/is.ru.cs.PapyrusActivityLogger.example.di

everything is almost right, the runtime-EclipseApplication is wrong (should be: /Users/zakariasfridriksson/Desktop/HR/is.ru.cs.PapyrusActivityLogger.example/is.ru.cs.PapyrusActivityLogger.example.di
Re: How can I get the path of the my file (I need to write to a CVS file in my project folder) [message #1829920 is a reply to message #1829916] Tue, 14 July 2020 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Check your runtime-EclipseApplication launcher settings, it sounds like its workspace location (which should NOT be the same as your original instance's) is not what you want it to be.

Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: How can I get the path of the my file (I need to write to a CVS file in my project folder) [message #1829958 is a reply to message #1829920] Tue, 14 July 2020 20:10 Go to previous message
zakarias fridriksson is currently offline zakarias fridrikssonFriend
yea it makes a fake workspace somewhere on my computer while I am working, but I need to access a file from the location of the code that I have written,.

Do you know how to do that? like what should I change in the configurations (if you understood me right the first time around)

thanks for your help in advance!
Previous Topic:Bundle activation visualization tool
Next Topic:How to listen to file events
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 23 11:05:28 GMT 2020