Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Need some help importing associations with generic table(Importing associations with generic table)
Need some help importing associations with generic table [message #1829722] Thu, 09 July 2020 13:54 Go to next message
Ri Fr is currently offline Ri FrFriend
Hello I need to import a few hundred dependencies for a few thousand classes I already have in Papyrus.
I have all my associations (they are all dependencies) in one package and all classes in many other packages.
1. I made a generic table with columns owner (the associations package name), Source, Target, Name (the Dependency source name, target name and the dependency name).
2. I exported the resulting table with the existing associations to Excel
3. I configured the generic table paste as
Detached mode
Paste element ID = Dependency
Containment feature = PackageableElement
Axis used as identifier = source:Element
Post actions = blank
4. I filled in the Excel table with the new association owner , Source, Target, Name, then copy from the excel table and paste into the table
4. The paste succeeds but the source and target columns remain blank, the association is created but is not related to the intended classes. I can see in the Properties - Advanced that the Client and Supplier values are blank.

Sorry i don't think I can post the Excel table in this message.

Any suggestions please? Thanks!

p.s. I'm just thinking off top of my head if importing the classes and dependencies in one go (single Excel sheet) may resolve the problem? Can anyone advice on the right create/destroy columns, the right table paste settings, and the right Excel sheet format? Thanks!

[Updated on: Thu, 09 July 2020 13:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Need some help importing associations with generic table [message #1829943 is a reply to message #1829722] Tue, 14 July 2020 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Over 1,100 views and no ideas....? Helllllpp....
Re: Need some help importing associations with generic table [message #1830332 is a reply to message #1829943] Thu, 23 July 2020 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vincent Lorenzo is currently offline Vincent LorenzoFriend
Hello Ri,
this usecase is not supported because pasting Associations requires to be able to create 3 elements instead of 1 : the association itself and its source and target.

Regards,
--
Vincent
Re: Need some help importing associations with generic table [message #1830339 is a reply to message #1830332] Thu, 23 July 2020 14:40 Go to previous message
Thank you very much Vincent that helps me eliminate some possibilities so I can focus on others.

Since my original post I was able to import dependencies in 2 steps: 1) use generic tree table to import packages, classes and attributes 2) use a generic table to import dependencies with each dependency starting from the correct supplier class, and the client class showing correctly in the table but with a resolution error. So I need to double click on each client cell in the generic table and make the mapping of the client class manually, but only for clients. It's progress... If anyone knows how to make this last step automatic (resolving the client class name into the class already present in the model) let me know!

Also, I have not yet tried to have the dependencies import between classes in different packages, I'll report how that goes (anyone has suggestions?)

My import CSV for now looks like this
DependencyName<TAB>SupplierClassName<TAB>ClientClassName<TAB>
Mytable setup looks like this

index.php/fa/38644/0/

• Attachment: Picture1.jpg
    (Size: 372.62KB, Downloaded 202 times)
Previous Topic:SysML 1.4 Nested Ports
Next Topic:SOT: Papyrus running on OpenJ9 JRE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 15:41:01 GMT 2024