|Need some help importing associations with generic table [message #1829722]
||Thu, 09 July 2020 13:54
| Ri Fr
Registered: July 2015
Hello I need to import a few hundred dependencies for a few thousand classes I already have in Papyrus.|
I have all my associations (they are all dependencies) in one package and all classes in many other packages.
1. I made a generic table with columns owner (the associations package name), Source, Target, Name (the Dependency source name, target name and the dependency name).
2. I exported the resulting table with the existing associations to Excel
3. I configured the generic table paste as
Paste element ID = Dependency
Containment feature = PackageableElement
Axis used as identifier = source:Element
Post actions = blank
4. I filled in the Excel table with the new association owner , Source, Target, Name, then copy from the excel table and paste into the table
4. The paste succeeds but the source and target columns remain blank, the association is created but is not related to the intended classes. I can see in the Properties - Advanced that the Client and Supplier values are blank.
Sorry i don't think I can post the Excel table in this message.
Any suggestions please? Thanks!
p.s. I'm just thinking off top of my head if importing the classes and dependencies in one go (single Excel sheet) may resolve the problem? Can anyone advice on the right create/destroy columns, the right table paste settings, and the right Excel sheet format? Thanks!
[Updated on: Thu, 09 July 2020 13:59]
Report message to a moderator
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.01917 seconds