Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Titan » compiler.exe -s0 for Windows(How to build a compiler.exe from the Titan repository)
compiler.exe -s0 for Windows [message #1829580] Tue, 07 July 2020 09:14 Go to next message
Olaf Bergengruen is currently offline Olaf BergengruenFriend
Hi Titan experts,

We at ETSI MCC TF160 develop the 3GPP UE conformance ATSs which are then used by the test equipment vendors. This is probably the most sophisticated TTCN code for UE testing ever produced, it can be downloaded from https://www.3gpp.org/ftp/tsg_ran/WG5_Test_ex-T1/TTCN/Deliveries/TTCN3.

Within the TF160 team we just develop the TTCN code, we never produce C or Java code nor run anything! The main development tools are notepad++ and Titan for checking the TTCN code on Windows PCs! Windows is the common environment for many engineers from all around the world coming to ETSI to contribute on TTCN development.

The problem we have right now is that we can not generate the compiler.exe for Windows based on the latest Titan repository and I would like to ask the question whether you see a possibility to generate a compiler.exe for Windows which is used only for syntax checking:
C:\Titan\compiler.exe -s0 -d -R <file list>

Regards,
Olaf
Re: compiler.exe -s0 for Windows [message #1829609 is a reply to message #1829580] Tue, 07 July 2020 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Elemer Lelik is currently offline Elemer LelikFriend
Hi Olaf,

unfortunately we have encountered the same problem and we had to accept that we cannot produce the Windows build we have delivered to you so far;

However, there are alternatives we can offer that might be suitable for you

-Windows 10 (assuming you have Windows 10) provides nowadays an embedded Linux environment WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux) that allows simple installation of one or several different Linux distros within Windows. Appropriate Titan Linux binaries can be easily installed into WSL; as you are using Titan for compilation only (not execution), this should be fairly straightforward and of course we are prepared to assist you with installation if needed.
The latest Titan binary (7.1.0) can be downloaded from

https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/tools.titan/downloads

for a number of Linux distros and can be used in WSL directly.

This workflow will permit you to keep almost the same environment,
namely notepad++ on Windows and Titan under WSL in a console window.

-in a longer-term perspective, we are working on completing a pure Java version of Titan that would automatically solve issues of portability to Windows ;
If you are interested in this , please give it a try; the core language is not fully covered yet, but we are not far from that.

Please let me know how we may help you with any of the above alternatives.

Best regards
Elemer

[Updated on: Tue, 07 July 2020 15:19]

Report message to a moderator

Re: compiler.exe -s0 for Windows [message #1829625 is a reply to message #1829609] Tue, 07 July 2020 19:42 Go to previous message
Olaf Bergengruen is currently offline Olaf BergengruenFriend
Thanks, Elemer!
A colleague of mine will start experimenting with the WSL option and investigate whether this is an option for all the engineers of many different companies working in the TF160 team.

I myself will stay with Linux and emacs, in an environment which is more than enough for my needs :-)

Regards,
Olaf
Previous Topic:Encode FIELDORDER Attribute over b8 type
Next Topic:Some problem of compiling TTCN suit of LTE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 15:23:17 GMT 2024