Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Java won't let me run hello world(No "run" option available on project)
Java won't let me run hello world [message #1829355] Wed, 01 July 2020 20:53 Go to next message
Josh Gauthier is currently offline Josh GauthierFriend
I've been using Eclipse for C++ for the past few months with no problem, and now I'm trying to switch to Java using same Eclipse IDE.
When I try to make a simple hello world program, I can't run it. There is no option to run it when I right click on the project. It is definitely a java project and I'm definitely in the Java perspective, not C++. Here is a screenshot of when I right click on the project:
index.php/fa/38465/0/

I positive I have the main method written correctly

When I go to "run configurations" I have this error when I try to add a new Java configuration. I want to add one because I don't think it's supposed to be empty:
index.php/fa/38466/0/
Re: Java won't let me run hello world [message #1829374 is a reply to message #1829355] Thu, 02 July 2020 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Emmanuel Chebbi is currently offline Emmanuel ChebbiFriend
You may be missing some plug-ins. How have you installed the Java Development Tools?
Re: Java won't let me run hello world [message #1829386 is a reply to message #1829374] Thu, 02 July 2020 12:25 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

And which version of Java are you using to run it?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:How do you figure out what file Eclipse just renamed?
Next Topic:Issues Creating Windows for Eclipse Plugin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 15:50:47 GMT 2024