|Re: Source links in console [message #1829258 is a reply to message #1829251]
||Mon, 29 June 2020 18:14
| Emmanuel Chebbi
Registered: February 2018
You'll find several resources on the internet; I can personally recommend Eclipse IDE Plug-in Development: Plug-ins, Features, Update Sites and IDE Extensions on Vogella.|
Roughly (and off the top of my head), here are the steps to create the plug-in:
- Download the latest Eclipse IDE for RCP and RAP developers release (it features tools for plug-in development)
- File > New > Plug-in Project
- Fill a project name > Next > Finish
- The MANIFEST.MF should open. Otherwise, open it (it's in the META-INF folder).
- Go to the Extensions tab > Add... > Uncheck "Show only extension points from the required plug-ins" > Select "org.eclipse.ui.console.consolePatternMatchListeners" > Finish
- A dialog will show up to warn about a missing dependency, say "Yes"
- Still in the MANIFEST.MF editor, you should see a few fields to the right. Fill regex with the regex you want to match.
- Click on class to open the Java class creation wizard, then Finish. This class, linked by the StackOverflow comment I referenced above, demonstrates how to match a regex and adds an hyperlink on it.
Complete the class and... you'll be done!
You can test the plug-in by right-click on the project > Run As > Eclipse Application.
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.09101 seconds