Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Polarsys » Capella General » Create Libraries from existing project RECs maintaining REC/RPL link
Create Libraries from existing project RECs maintaining REC/RPL link [message #1828933] Mon, 22 June 2020 16:00 Go to next message
Brandon BlauFriend
Hi Community, happy monday.

I have a project (Project A) in which I have defined multiple RECs, and then used RPLs of these throughout. Speaking to re-usability in different scenarios, I would like to split the REC from Project A, into a library while maintaining the links (for updates, etc.) to the RPLs remaining in Project A. This is because I would like to also use RPLs of these RECs in additional projects representing different configurations of my reconfigurable system.

Any thoughts?

Comparing models & merging to a library i believe will not bring the link over...

Thanks all!

Brandon
Re: Create Libraries from existing project RECs maintaining REC/RPL link [message #1829036 is a reply to message #1828933] Wed, 24 June 2020 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Navas Juan is currently offline Navas JuanFriend
Hello,

The best solution would be to have all your REC in a Library model that would be imported by the projects that instantiate them, including Project A.

Starting from where you are, if I understand well:
- You can transform Project A into a Library model (cf. https://polarsys.org/forums/index.php/t/826/) and import it into the other Projects
- You can create a Library based on Project A (either using the same trick or diff-merge) and import it in Project A (rebuilding the instances) and into the other projects

Hope it helps
Re: Create Libraries from existing project RECs maintaining REC/RPL link [message #1829071 is a reply to message #1829036] Wed, 24 June 2020 15:50 Go to previous message
Brandon BlauFriend
Score, yeah. That'll work. Thanks Juan...didnt think that was an option! :)
Previous Topic:XHTML Documentation Generation and Filtering Add on
Next Topic:ASIL ranking in missions diagram
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:18:12 GMT 2024