Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Open file in current workspace from command line (reuse the open workspace)(getting error that default workspace already in use)
Open file in current workspace from command line (reuse the open workspace) [message #1828678] Tue, 16 June 2020 12:54 Go to next message
Shadi I is currently offline Shadi IFriend
I have eclipse already running, and I want to be able to open a file and jump to a line number from CLI. I want the file to open in the current open workspace. I am trying:

/Applications/Eclipse.app/Contents/MacOS/eclipse --launcher.openFile test_file.c:401

However, I am getting an error because the default workspace is already open, and its asking me to choose another workspace.

if I simply use "open text_file.c"it works just fine, but doesn't jump to the line number of course.
Re: Open file in current workspace from command line (reuse the open workspace) [message #1828681 is a reply to message #1828678] Tue, 16 June 2020 13:57 Go to previous message
Shadi I is currently offline Shadi IFriend
update, even if I remove the line number, eclipse opens but the file does not open.
Previous Topic:Trying to convert data to an image
Next Topic:Can't get C/C++ IDE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:12:25 GMT 2024