Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Advanced Scripting Environment (EASE) » Running SWTBot in EASE Script in Headless Mode
Running SWTBot in EASE Script in Headless Mode [message #1828373] Mon, 08 June 2020 15:52 Go to next message
Andre Bienemann is currently offline Andre BienemannFriend
I've written a script using EASE and SWTBot which works fine when I run it inside my open Eclipse IDE, but as soon as I try to run it in headless mode, the script gets stuck. Thus, I'd like to ask if there is a way to make it work. I think starting the whole IDE would solve this issue, but I don't know if it's possible when running org.eclipse.ease.runScript
Re: Running SWTBot in EASE Script in Headless Mode [message #1828443 is a reply to message #1828373] Tue, 09 June 2020 18:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Pontesegger is currently offline Christian PonteseggerFriend
When you use the runScript application, you will get a workspace with access to resources like projects and files, but no UI components will be loaded.

As you mention SWTBot I asume that you want to run some tests, but SWTBot needs UI and headless means that you do not want a UI, so these things do not match.

If you just want to run a script at startup in your IDE, you may use registered scripts along with keywords. I did some examples for ECE 2017, see https://www.eclipse.org/ease/documentation/

HTH
Christian
Re: Running SWTBot in EASE Script in Headless Mode [message #1828520 is a reply to message #1828443] Thu, 11 June 2020 09:53 Go to previous message
Andre Bienemann is currently offline Andre BienemannFriend
Using the magic header onStartup in my script and executing eclipse.exe has solved the problem.

Also, when running Eclipse from Jenkins, the application stays hidden which prevents any user from interaction with it.

Additionally, I terminate my script together with the IDE by adding the function shutdown() provided by the module UI at the end of the script.

Thank you for your support, Christian!
Previous Topic:Problem using endsWith in javascript rhino script shell
Next Topic:Build UIs with unease!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Aug 07 21:44:31 GMT 2022