Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » MacOS, UseCase, Actors not stick characters(Version: 2020-06 (4.16.0))
MacOS, UseCase, Actors not stick characters [message #1828158] Wed, 03 June 2020 02:55 Go to next message
Sam Warner is currently offline Sam WarnerFriend
Messages: 24
Registered: April 2020
Junior Member
I am not sure why, but the actors aren't showing as a stick character. I noticed that in 2017 folks mentioned there's a patch to fix this issue, so I would have imagined this would be in place 2020-06. Am I missing something?

Re: MacOS, UseCase, Actors not stick characters [message #1828165 is a reply to message #1828158] Wed, 03 June 2020 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Carsten Pitz is currently offline Carsten PitzFriend
Messages: 273
Registered: May 2015
Location: Germany
Senior Member
Hi Sam
actors might have different graphical representations. It is quite common to only use the stick character in use case diagrams, while using a rectangular box in class diagrams.
To figure out, what happened, it would be helpful, if you attach diagrams or screenshots.
/Carsten
Re: MacOS, UseCase, Actors not stick characters [message #1829957 is a reply to message #1828165] Tue, 14 July 2020 18:58 Go to previous message
Sam Warner is currently offline Sam WarnerFriend
Messages: 24
Registered: April 2020
Junior Member
HI Carsten,

Finally what I did to debug - essentially eliminated the problem. Albeit left it lingering for the next individual. I'll go back and recreate the steps that led to the problem to aid further in diagnosing/resolving.

Originally I had CDT C/C++, Papyrus, BPMN2, all installed in one Eclipse IDE on my MacOS. After trying for hours to create the 'Stickman', I gave up and went to do some work in BPMN only to obtain error messages there. Fortunately the C/C++ stuff worked (though connecting GDB has some reliability issues that I work around. Anyhoo.... without digressing too far. What I observed is the error messages within the BPMN plug-ins implied that there was an inter-op issue with other plug-ins. Then I began to look at the array of shared components between Papyrus and BPMN and realized I had a nightmare if I was going to try and debug. Instead.... as I had a license to Parallels, I chose to create n-installs of MacOS using Parallels, and the install a unique Eclipse IDE for each C/C++, BPMN, UML and SysML effort. These virtualized installs - eliminated the inter-op error messages for BPMN, with the added benefit that the elusive 'stickman' appeared for the UseCase diagrams in the UML/Eclipse install. My suggestion, is that others who have large sets of tools/projects installed into Eclipse, where they are running into mysterious bugs may want to opt to use the same technique.

Before switching the the virtualized OS solution, I tried multiple workspaces for Eclipse with unique installs for each Eclipse project. That didn't work, and I don't know why. I chose the virtualized OS solution as it seemed like at least I could get productive :), albeit I did leave a lingering issue. I'll put it on my todo list to further diagnose the difference between the Eclipse/UML install that had the other projects installed too, and the pristine Eclipse/UML install that works.
Previous Topic:MOKA can't execute with error log
Next Topic:Please ignore
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sat Jan 23 05:57:20 GMT 2021

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02246 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top