Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Is relationship matrix broken in version 4.15?
Is relationship matrix broken in version 4.15? [message #1827771] Sat, 23 May 2020 06:26 Go to next message
Ri Fr is currently offline Ri FrFriend
Hello on Tuesday I have a meeting where I plan to show Papyrus capability to show associations between different model elements (which classes are related to which classes; which actors are associated with which use cases; etc.), but after several tries I got absolutely nothing out of Relationship Matrix. I will have to cancel the demo unless I get some ideas!

I'm running Papyrus on Win 10 and Open JDK JRE. I followed the instructions on papyrus help for "Matrix user doc" and the instructions are clear but my matrices can only show element dependencies: all other associations are ignored! I'm also getting quite a few Papyrus freezes and I have to CRTL-ALT-DEL to exit (including matrix property view grayed out and unaccessible).

For column and rows I'm filtering by Type "Class" (or "Use case", "Actor") and for association type the menu only shows dependencies. I played around selecting different element types and sometimes I can select "Association" as the relationship to be displayed but the matrix never shows what is in the model.

Any advice? Is the matrix working OK for other users? Thanks!

p.s. I would include a screenshot but right now the matrix Properties window is just blank and grayed out...

Re: Is relationship matrix broken in version 4.15? [message #1827781 is a reply to message #1827771] Sat, 23 May 2020 16:30 Go to previous message
Ri Fr is currently offline Ri FrFriend
Replying to myself after I read all the help entry for relationship matrix til the very end: it's not broken, it seems that it's just unfinished.

"The Papyrus 3.0 (Eclipse Oxygen) only supports Abstraction and Dependency and their stereotyped versions (with SysML for example: Allocate, Refine, Verify, Safisfy). The other relationship should be provided with the SR1 ".

To bad, it would have been a nice feature for use case / actor associations, class associations, component / interface realization etc.!!!
Previous Topic:Need a litlle help - importing XMI into Papyrus
Next Topic:python code generator
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:00:39 GMT 2024