Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » [CDO] Offline Clone keeps connecting and disconnecting to master
[CDO] Offline Clone keeps connecting and disconnecting to master [message #1827745] Fri, 22 May 2020 11:27 Go to next message
s st is currently offline s stFriend
Hello,

I'm quite new to the CDO world and wanted to familiarize myself with CDO by looking at some examples. Since the software I'm working at requires to be capable to work offline I looked at the examples that provide an offline clone functionality.
Unfortunately the offline clone cannot be created properly. The client connects to the master and tries to clone the data and then closes the connection immediately. This can be seen on the picture attached to this post. I just started a single client and not nine various ones.
Does anybody know why the clone keeps connecting and disconnecting to the master and why it is therefore not able to clone the data?

Thanks in advance
Sebastian
Re: [CDO] Offline Clone keeps connecting and disconnecting to master [message #1828011 is a reply to message #1827745] Fri, 29 May 2020 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I played a little bit around and created an example on my own which also uses the company example model. They are pretty close to other CDO examples I found online.

Running first the master and then the clone they show the same behavior as described in my first posting.

I then tried to use the weekly build of CDO 5.3.0 including Net4j 4.10.0 and the behavior still stays the same, except that I get the following exception from the master:

[ERROR] NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.eclipse.net4j.db.DBUtil.serializeTable(DBUtil.java:1217)
	at org.eclipse.net4j.db.DBUtil.serializeTable(DBUtil.java:1208)
	at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.internal.db.mapping.horizontal.AbstractHorizontalMappingStrategy.rawExport(AbstractHorizontalMappingStrategy.java:207)
	at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.internal.db.DBStoreAccessor.rawExport(DBStoreAccessor.java:1213)
	at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.internal.server.Repository.replicateRaw(Repository.java:1659)
	at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.internal.net4j.protocol.ReplicateRepositoryRawIndication.responding(ReplicateRepositoryRawIndication.java:70)
	at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.internal.net4j.protocol.CDOServerIndicationWithMonitoring.responding(CDOServerIndicationWithMonitoring.java:185)
	at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.IndicationWithMonitoring.responding(IndicationWithMonitoring.java:93)
	at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.IndicationWithResponse.doExtendedOutput(IndicationWithResponse.java:106)
	at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.Signal.doOutput(Signal.java:360)
	at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.IndicationWithResponse.execute(IndicationWithResponse.java:75)
	at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.IndicationWithMonitoring.execute(IndicationWithMonitoring.java:66)
	at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.internal.net4j.protocol.CDOServerReadIndicationWithMonitoring.execute(CDOServerReadIndicationWithMonitoring.java:36)
	at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.Signal.runSync(Signal.java:297)
	at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.Signal.run(Signal.java:169)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Am I missing something essential to solve this problem?

Regards,
Sebastian

[Updated on: Fri, 29 May 2020 08:16]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [CDO] Offline Clone keeps connecting and disconnecting to master [message #1828018 is a reply to message #1828011] Fri, 29 May 2020 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eike Stepper is currently offline Eike StepperFriend
Sorry for the delay, I'm so busy these days. And I'm even more sorry to say that the offline replication is currently broken because of newer core features that aren't correctly handled in the replication mechanism ;-(

Re: [CDO] Offline Clone keeps connecting and disconnecting to master [message #1828020 is a reply to message #1828018] Fri, 29 May 2020 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can you give me an estimation when the replication mechanism will be fixed? Or is this currently not planned for the next CDO releases?

Thank you
Sebastian
Re: [CDO] Offline Clone keeps connecting and disconnecting to master [message #1828049 is a reply to message #1828020] Sat, 30 May 2020 04:18 Go to previous message
Eike Stepper is currently offline Eike StepperFriend
I have no plans to fix it in my rare spare time. And the only customer project that was interested in the offline replication was suspended because of Corona effects ;-(

Previous Topic:DataBinding Help
Next Topic:[Transaction] Lifecycle events for nested transactions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 13:29:01 GMT 2024